Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

DB was bad, but IMO - SlickR wins the lifetime achievement award, man - At the end, I remember he had just come back from a 4-week ban, and lasted about 6 hours before getting perma-banned over a rant about the holocaust......the man was an artist....
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban113 View Post
    DB was bad, but IMO - SlickR wins the lifetime achievement award, man - At the end, I remember he had just come back from a 4-week ban, and lasted about 6 hours before getting perma-banned over a rant about the holocaust......the man was an artist....
    Indeed. But even that could not save him...

To this day we have not been able to wash out the blood splat.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban113 View Post
    Even more impressive since his grasp of English was so elementary I could barely decipher a quarter of what he typed.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

I still gotta give it to Spychi.

Anyone that can rant for months about boycotting a game, but then not only buy that game but also play hundreds of games and take part in numerous tournaments while striving to get better at it, deserves it. If it were anyone else I could just blow it off as being a change of heart or a bluff, but Spychi never really could grasp his own hypocrisy. "StarCraft is a game for morons, OH LOOK! I WON THE SCL TOURNAMENT!"

Don't get me wrong. Pr0nogo has his own merits. I mean, after all, he does play and commentate on a game that he claims is for "corporate shills and children" and, of course, he berates the campaign editor for being so outdated that no self-respecting modder would use, and then use it. So he's definitely in the running.

SlickR and the likes simply lacked intelligence or rational, coherent thoughts but that's par for the course in dealing with humans, even if they were a bit more out there.

Of course, anyone can attest to my GameFAQs trolling being on an entirely different level, during the pre-beta days. None of this forums trolls can even compare.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 02-01-2013 at 01:34 AM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

All said and done, the one thing that this press event has gotten me to think about is how much I'm looking forward to trying to get in touch with more of the community again, try to get us all together to play the game. It's one of my two regrets from WoL was not playing with many of you more often.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    he does play and commentate on a game that he claims is for "corporate shills and children"
    I cast by request. I don't play. If you actually watched my casts, you'd notice how boring and dull the gameplay of the game was, thus reinforcing my point that it's for children and casuals. Corporate shills don't play the game after reviewing it unless they're paid even more to do so.

he berates the campaign editor for being so outdated that no self-respecting modder would use, and then use it.
    When have I ever made a map or a thread about a map that I was making in SCII? For an economist, you sure like using your own slew of made-up facts.

So he's definitely in the running.
    Let me get this straight.

You think I lack intelligence, coherence, and intellectual honesty. You hold my posts as comparable to the lowest echelon that came before me. You don't find my efforts viable or valuable from any standpoint other than 'lol troll' or 'lol I can troll this troll'. I am nothing but comic relief to you.

And yet, you want to give me attention?

[insert obligatory insulting picture to close the argument which I don't care enough about to even close off in a proper manner]

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted View Post
    All said and done, the one thing that this press event has gotten me to think about is how much I'm looking forward to trying to get in touch with more of the community again, try to get us all together to play the game. It's one of my two regrets from WoL was not playing with many of you more often.
    It's a deal

Same here.

I miss the good ol' days when this community was the greatest StarCraft community there was. Granted, I don't know how the others are fairing, but these days we've become cannibals in your discussions with each other

If anyone wants to game just PM me. I'm actually going to be on a major vacation during the early weeks of HotS so, YAY!

You think I lack intelligence, coherence, and intellectual honesty.
    No, I said that you are the better troll because the others lacked intelligence and coherence. Your trolling, however, is hilariously hypocritical, despite the (wrong) "intelligence" behind it and I do think, sadly, that you believe what you say.

Not going to respond to the rest because we've done it on at least two other occasions and I'm bored with it plus THIS IS A SERIOUS TOPIC *sigh* You might not like the cinematic, but at least keep the topic on the cinematic.

I do appreciate you replying to me though instead of the ten other people saying the exact same thing. I especially like your dodge of Gifted's post. I knew you wouldn't respond It's also funny that you blame it on "getting a request" since last time I looked your video only had like 15 views, 5 of which being mine, and you made several of them, wasting your oh so precious time. You either have absolutely nothing going on in your life or you are lying.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 02-01-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0nogo View Post
    I don't play.
    Your profile says you've played 110 career games, 5 this season:
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2481262/1/Pronogo/

Are you buying HoTS? :P

No, he's boycotting the hell out of it and hopes we'll all get together to do a launch day marathon with him