Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't read what I'm typing

Default I can't read what I'm typing

So there may be typos. For some reason, when I type a post, the lettering is white against a white background. I didn't notice this until today, and since it's so obvious, I assume this is a new thing. How do I change this?
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Default Re: I can't read what I'm typing

Could you post what browser are you using and on which form(s) this is happening?

Here's the list of forms (writing areas):
    -Quick Reply
    -Advanced Reply (full tools)
    -Write Private Message
    -Titles
    -Reason for editing

Alright, starting here. CAn't read, so will do one by one.

Firefox, newest version.

SAme issue with private message.

No issues with reporting a post. Black text on white background.

No problem with reason for editing.

No problem with new post titles or new thread titles.

No problem with search or adding a poll, but search this thread has very light gray text on a white background.

Quick reply has white text on white background, can't see.
    Last edited by Kimera757; 01-08-2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: I can see this
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Sorry, Kimera, I haven't been able to copy the issue. The most I can get is a white flash of the form when i switch the editor.

Edit: I changed the color of all the input forms. Tell me if this solved your issue first.

I'll have to keep looking over the issue.

For now, here's a list of things you can try to solve the problem:
    -switch the editor (top lef corner of the quick reply box)
    -reset cache
    -disable all plugins

If it works without the plugins, I might have an easier time finding a solution.
    Last edited by The_Blade; 01-12-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    Sorry, Kimera, I haven't been able to copy the issue. The most I can get is a white flash of the form when i switch the editor.

Edit: I changed the color of all the input forms. Tell me if this solved your issue first.

I'll have to keep looking over the issue.

For now, here's a list of things you can try to solve the problem:
    -switch the editor (top lef corner of the quick reply box)
    -reset cache
    -disable all plugins

If it works without the plugins, I might have an easier time finding a solution.
    Changing the color of the input forms didn't do me any good

I can't seem to switch the editor. (There's what looks like a rollback icon there, but clicking on it has no effect.) I probably just don't know how.

Resetting the cache made no difference.

Starting without plugins active, however, fixed the problem. I guess I have to shut off plugins when posting here.

If you wish to eliminate the problem, you can post a list of the plugins. It might take us some time to find which of them are breaking the forum, but in the end it will be settled for good.

Here's my list of plugins.

Java Platform SE6 (outdated) - removed
    Java Deployment Toolkit 6 (outdated)
    Adobe Acrobat
    Shockwave for Director (outdated)
    Windows Media Plugin
    VLC web plugin
    Shockwave Flash
    Microsoft DRM (unknown)
    Windows Presentation Plugin (unknown)
    Pando Web Plugin (unknown)

That's more than I expected.

For some reason, the website didn't include these ones: Ghostery, Adblcok Plus, Noscript.
    Last edited by Kimera757; 01-13-2013 at 08:57 AM.

I wonder if there was a change, as January 22nd I could see my typing but the 23rd, I cannot.

Sorry, we haven't updated in a way that might create the problem. Now, is this happening with the plug-ins set to off?

I've been trying to track down the specific plug-in with the problem, but little to no information has been reported before.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    Sorry, we haven't updated in a way that might create the problem. Now, is this happening with the plug-ins set to off?

I've been trying to track down the specific plug-in with the problem, but little to no information has been reported before.
    The problem goes away when I turn off all the plugins. I don't really know how to turn them off one at a time.

They're always being updated too, so the problem might be a plugin update.