Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: [Necro] How do you think the final battle of Heart of the Swarm will play out

Default Re: How do you think the final battle of Heart of the Swarm will play out

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Hold on. Isn't this part of the problem? Because of this ambiguity leading to radically different interpretations, how does one really know what is true or not? All this point of view merely does is make the claim that Zeratul implicitly references Duran by saying "Who created this atrocity?" no more substantial than the claim that Zeratul is senile/forgetful. This would mean that they have the same weight and that both are viable based on one's whim!

It's almost as if you were saying the writer's were wanting people to get and follow the sense of direction of where they're going by introducing ambiguities that could make alternative, but ultimately undesirable (due to the confusion, at the least!), directions viable. I don't know about anyone else, but that doesn't have any internal logic to me.
    Of course its not desirable, but its better than making the assumption that he forgot about the hybrids in the first place.

Ambiguity is a good thing sometimes, but here it isn't. I agree with that at least. I'm just saying that because of that, the scene isn't necessarily full blown out stupid (like if he said "What is that atrocity?"), but just mildly annoying ("Who created this atrocity?").

Default Re: How do you think the final battle of Heart of the Swarm will play out

Gradius: You said that I'm trying to promote better storytelling, not drive plot points that I like or move the story in "my direction". Thats a lie you do seek your own direction. In fact retoclive, pronongo and solidsamauri also bitch about how it wasn't the story they wanted. WOL isn't perfect, but for fucks sake it's better than twat donkey's like andrew on the official forums are saying, as well as what the millions of other fanboys bitch.

Hawki: When Kerrigan's being built up from In Utter Darkness as the big messiah that everyone counts on, it's pretty fucking obvious that in the final hour it comes down to her; shell be the make it factor and let's be frank. The tormented warrior trying to atone for her legion of sins by saving the universe from the incarnation of satan and pure evil is a lot more ineteresting than "ivory tower elf warriors face sauron alone". The protoss have worked with terran forces against far less. no offense, but protoss only strikes me as niave.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/9999-Its-About-Characters-Stupid

Refer to above link for how many ways a company like blizzard can fuck with things, but is just like every other video game company in the end, Michael Bay included. Indeed, there comes a point where the explosions get so big, that they encompass the whole universe, and then nothing makes sense any more.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    Fair enough. Indeed, to maintain consistancy, I think the notion of going to Zerus potentially has the same problems with the UED, in that it shrinks the galaxy and whatnot. The reason I'm holding out on judgement is that I don't know how Kerrigan will get there, or for how long. If there's a xel'naga warp gate or something, then I could see it happening. But if we're compressing 60+ years of travel time to just a few, then yeah, it's another UED issue.
    I always love going back to these threads.

Are we finally ready to admit that going back to Zerus was a bogus idea, especially since Blizzard put zero effort into explaining it? No warp gate. No anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    I always love going back to these threads.

Are we finally ready to admit that going back to Zerus was a bogus idea, especially since Blizzard put zero effort into explaining it? No warp gate. No anything.
    There won't be a final battle. It'll end with "it was all a dream."

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    There won't be a final battle. It'll end with "it was all a dream."
    And you posted that in response to me because...?

And you posted that in response to me because...?
    Because he's Rag.

^ Lol. Rag and his non-sequiturs. Guaranteed unintentional laffs, to be sure.

Even if they did explain how we got there, it wouldn't wash away the blatant mechanical plot device the whole affair it was so obviously engineered to be (Magical power-up pool, check. Ancient yet convenient exposition spouting thing, check) in the first place.
    Last edited by Turalyon; 07-25-2014 at 06:55 AM.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    ^ Lol. Rag and his non-sequiturs. Guaranteed unintentional laffs, to be sure.

Even if they did explain how we got there, it wouldn't wash away the blatant mechanical plot device the whole affair was so obviously engineered to be (Magical power-up pool, check. Ancient yet convenient exposition spouting thing, check) in the first place.
    Zeratul will just say he found out new Warp Tech or something like that. Regardless, I don't see what Zerus would have to do with the final battle.

It could in the AFTERMATH to return all the Zerg there, but that's about all.