Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: I thought that sc:l was THE source of info for everything sc

  1. #1

    Default I thought that sc:l was THE source of info for everything sc

    Guess I was wrong. The newest news you guys have is an interview from blizzcon from last month that was probably supposed to be on your blizzcon coverage page. No mentions were made about the possibility of GOM tv shutting down or the Skyhigh vs NaDa video that recently surfaced. Unless you go on the forums, you won't know those kinds of things. I know you have a Starcraft "weekly" but I believe it would be better if you would post all the news you can get on your main page. Just an opinion. Also you could update your poll more often.

  2. #2

    Default Re: I thought that sc:l was THE source of info for everything sc

    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Guess I was wrong. The newest news you guys have is an interview from blizzcon from last month that was probably supposed to be on your blizzcon coverage page. No mentions were made about the possibility of GOM tv shutting down or the Skyhigh vs NaDa video that recently surfaced. Unless you go on the forums, you won't know those kinds of things. I know you have a Starcraft "weekly" but I believe it would be better if you would post all the news you can get on your main page. Just an opinion. Also you could update your poll more often.
    The forums themselves are actually a better representation of active news. There's many users here that frequent multiple forums and cross post relevant discussions. Between all of us we've pretty much got all the media outlets covered, and it usually surfaces in the SC2 forum at one point or another.

  3. #3

    Default Re: I thought that sc:l was THE source of info for everything sc

    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Guess I was wrong. The newest news you guys have is an interview from blizzcon from last month that was probably supposed to be on your blizzcon coverage page. No mentions were made about the possibility of GOM tv shutting down or the Skyhigh vs NaDa video that recently surfaced. Unless you go on the forums, you won't know those kinds of things. I know you have a Starcraft "weekly" but I believe it would be better if you would post all the news you can get on your main page. Just an opinion. Also you could update your poll more often.
    Two uninteresting pieces of news does not a weekly make.

    GOM isn't shutting down, it just might not be broadcasting pro games. I made the post about that in the forum myself, noone really cared.

    EDIT: also hang on, 50 minutes of exclusive footage isn't interesting? Okay, we won't provide any more of that then, we'll just rehash news every day!!!1
    Always play with fire.

  4. #4

    Default Re: I thought that sc:l was THE source of info for everything sc

    SC:L's frontpage is usually used to focus on larger pieces of exclusive content, larger analysis, coverage, etc.

    There are several projects in the works to find the best method to deliver short/fast news delivery when just trying to get users aware of what's happening without delivering SC:L's signature in-depth look.
    here's to the crazy ones..

  5. #5

    Default Re: I thought that sc:l was THE source of info for everything sc

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosSmurf View Post
    Two uninteresting pieces of news does not a weekly make.

    GOM isn't shutting down, it just might not be broadcasting pro games. I made the post about that in the forum myself, noone really cared.

    EDIT: also hang on, 50 minutes of exclusive footage isn't interesting? Okay, we won't provide any more of that then, we'll just rehash news every day!!!1
    I'm not saying that the 50 minutes are boring or anything just that I thought they were supposed to be at blizzlive last month anyways. In fact, good job on this, the interview was cool. I can understand that some complications might have occurred and so you couldn't post it back then. My point was that for users that don't go on the forum, they wouldn't get all the recent news.

    SC:L's frontpage is usually used to focus on larger pieces of exclusive content, larger analysis, coverage, etc.

    There are several projects in the works to find the best method to deliver short/fast news delivery when just trying to get users aware of what's happening without delivering SC:L's signature in-depth look.
    Thanks.

  6. #6

    Default Re: I thought that sc:l was THE source of info for everything sc

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    SC:L's frontpage is usually used to focus on larger pieces of exclusive content, larger analysis, coverage, etc.

    There are several projects in the works to find the best method to deliver short/fast news delivery when just trying to get users aware of what's happening without delivering SC:L's signature in-depth look.
    As AJ has pointed out SC:L's focus is on being the best at what we do. We really don't have an interest in posting rumors or "little fish news" on the front page like we do our in-depth stuff. Please don't mistake my comments though - we definitely want to deliver every part of SC tidbits we can get our hands on - we just want to do it in a different way...

    ~LoA
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Beloved.

  7. #7

    Default Re: I thought that sc:l was THE source of info for everything sc

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosSmurf View Post
    GOM isn't shutting down, it just might not be broadcasting pro games. I made the post about that in the forum myself, noone really cared.
    I noticed it, but it was in the BW section. Plus the title didn't exactly describe the subject matter.

    http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1434

  8. #8
    Gradius's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,988

    Default Re: I thought that sc:l was THE source of info for everything sc

    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    just that I thought they were supposed to be at blizzlive last month anyways.
    The video file itself actually had a bunch of problems - the sound for example was screwed up (I had to run a bunch of restoration filters on it), and the re-encoding took a few days b/c the file was frickin huge and had a frame rate of 400, amongst other things. Plus we were really busy @ that time.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    My point was that for users that don't go on the forum, they wouldn't get all the recent news.
    The type of people that visit our front page do so very infrequently, like maybe once a week/month, but there is a hideous amount of them. These people don't care about the small/random news because they don't follow SC virtually every day like we do. And for those that do, they browse the forums.

    But yeah, I'd like to reaffirm what AJ/LoA said, we still need a way to get this smaller stuff out there.

  9. #9

    Default Re: I thought that sc:l was THE source of info for everything sc

    Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    frame rate of 400
    holy......

  10. #10

    Default Re: I thought that sc:l was THE source of info for everything sc

    Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    But yeah, I'd like to reaffirm what AJ/LoA said, we still need a way to get this smaller stuff out there.
    I thought we had a SC:L twitter account? Just replace that god-awful Zealot navigation with a twitter update bar for little things said in the forum.

Similar Threads

  1. New SP info @ BlizzCon?
    By Alex06 in forum StarCraft II Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 11:55 AM
  2. [Random Thought] Different BNet Rank for each race?
    By Pick in forum StarCraft II Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 12:23 AM
  3. Possible info on BETA?
    By Genopath in forum StarCraft II Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 12:18 PM
  4. Thought: Zerg Eye Sentry
    By DemolitionSquid in forum StarCraft II Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 02:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •