Thread: Starcraft II map ideas

Default Starcraft II map ideas

How about maps based off of battles from the books? I haven't seen any regular starcraft ones, but with the new editor for SCII(once it comes out) it will be much easier.

I was thinking the final battle in Speed of Darkness, using the CityTilest for the Urban combat from Liberty's Crusade, or the Battle between the Confederates and the KMC in I,Mengsk.

Default Re: Starcraft II map ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    How about maps based off of battles from the books? I haven't seen any regular starcraft ones, but with the new editor for SCII(once it comes out) it will be much easier.

I was thinking the final battle in Speed of Darkness, using the CityTilest for the Urban combat from Liberty's Crusade, or the Battle between the Confederates and the KMC in I,Mengsk.

I thought that having an entire novel turned into a mini-campaign would be a cool idea.

I remember every once in a while, Blizzard would release a campaign for StarCraft I, so maybe they could even do this as an equivalent.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    I thought that having an entire novel turned into a mini-campaign would be a cool idea.

I remember every once in a while, Blizzard would release a campaign for StarCraft I, so maybe they could even do this as an equivalent.
    The question is, which novel.

Personally, I don't really want to do Liberty's Crusade or Queen of Blades. Other than that I have no idea. One of the Dark Templar saga books might be fun though.

They could do one based off the Guild Wars. Ive only seen battles from it in "I'Mengsk" though.

Uprising had some cool battles, but unfortunately we know how it ends.

I didn't like Queen of Blades, but the description of the battle where Raynor stole the Hyperion was pretty cool.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

I've always wanted a map based off a 4x space game. Imperium Galactica, Sins of a Solar Empire, etc... Imagine being able to conquer planets and such with legions of marines and siege tanks or having huge space battles over those planets with nothing but high yield minerals.