Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarov's Art

Default Re: Sarov's Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sarov View Post
    I don't want to have to scan a picture multiple times to get the entire thing scanned and then have to piece everything together in an art program. Hopefully, I'll be able to start working on some new ideas when I get my computer and tablet since with an art program I can have a lot more room to draw than I ever could with paper and not have to scan it multiple times.
    If it wasn't for the fact that you're getting a tablet, I would have recommended a light box.
    I use this one http://www.artograph.com/products/li...httracerII.htm

As for tablets - I never could get used to them. I'm the type who needs to see how my pen/tool is interacting with the 'paper'.
    If anything I'd need one of those tablet monitors, but they are still rediculously expensive.
    Starcraft universe fan: Singleplayer and novels

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Sweet! Even with the watermark I'll be sure to fave it.
    Heh. Thanks Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by PhanttoM View Post
    If it wasn't for the fact that you're getting a tablet, I would have recommended a light box.
    I use this one http://www.artograph.com/products/li...httracerII.htm

As for tablets - I never could get used to them. I'm the type who needs to see how my pen/tool is interacting with the 'paper'.
    If anything I'd need one of those tablet monitors, but they are still rediculously expensive.
    I used to have a lightbox actually but that disappeared for some reason. Don't know where it ended up.

Yeah, that's the tablet that I'm referring to. I don't like having to stare at the computer screen while I draw. I like to, as you put it, "see how my pen/tool is interacting with the 'paper'". Well, the cost is no problem for me because I'll be able to afford a PC and a tablet. I was thinking of getting the Cintiq 21ux but I'll settle for the smaller Cintiq 12WX.

cOntrol's Avatar Junior Member

I can not wait to see them painted
    use digital table?

well could make a drawing done with different characters in the image ?
    jeje :P all that is cool ^^

great work.

bye bye

( srry for my english )

Hope you can get your pc up and running, Sarov. Cause I want to see more!!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by cOntrol View Post
    I can not wait to see them painted
    use digital table?

well could make a drawing done with different characters in the image ?
    jeje :P all that is cool ^^

great work.

bye bye

( srry for my english )
    Yeah, the tablets are very useful. It allows me to work with a bigger page than what I have when I work with real paper. It's also fun - at least when you have the pen on tablet displays like either of the Cintiqs.

I'll see what I can do about that. Should have it done by, at max, a week.

(And about your English, it's alright cOntrol. I can understand what you're trying to say. )

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    Hope you can get your pc up and running, Sarov. Cause I want to see more!!! :P
    Yeah, me too. Thanks, Blade! If you have any requests at all, be sure to let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarov View Post
    Yeah, the tablets are very useful. It allows me to work with a bigger page than what I have when I work with real paper. It's also fun - at least when you have the pen on tablet displays like either of the Cintiqs.
    as well tables got "undo" XD

hate working on a paper and doing something i hate and know i wont be allowed to erase it but rather working it out untill it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    as well tables got "undo" XD

hate working on a paper and doing something i hate and know i wont be allowed to erase it but rather working it out untill it looks good.
    Yeah. That's another thing I like about tablets. One of the many reasons I hate working on real paper is that if you erase too much it wears down the paper and will even leave marks. I hate having to scan it and then erase as many of the marks as I can without ruining the picture. I also don't like having to constantly erase things in order to get it right. Which is why I can't wait until I get my stuff in the next few months. At least when I get my stuff it will be easier to draw in a way.

I'd like to see your take on Nova, or pre-infested Sarah Kerrigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    I'd like to see your take on Nova, or pre-infested Sarah Kerrigan.
    Alright, one pre-infested Kerrigan coming up! Keep in mind that it will only be lineart for now. I will colour it - if you'd like - when I get my computer and tablet in the next few months. Also keep in mind that I have other drawings to do as well so it might take a while.

Updates

- fixed the hips on Zer'atai
    - finished the first version of Dark Templar
    - posted Queen of Blades
    - posted Infested Protoss - Idea 1