Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Sarov's Art

Default Re: Sarov's Art

I simply thank the ones who came up with layers, especially multiply. ^^ I personally don't like colouring since it's time consuming, but I'd rather use the computer than the good old traditional means.

Quote Originally Posted by AegisKHAOS View Post
    I simply thank the ones who came up with layers, especially multiply. ^^ I personally don't like colouring since it's time consuming, but I'd rather use the computer than the good old traditional means.
    Chip Foose Disagrees

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by AegisKHAOS View Post
    Yes, layers are a miracle. Especially multiply. Although I found a way to make a more realistic blending of colours in GIMP. Instead of having the smudge tool set to 100%, I lowered it to 30%. It keeps it from looking like the colours just bled into each other. I tested it out by drawing a ball and shading it in, and then using the smudge tool. Works wonderfully now. This should help me out immensely when colouring.

I'm going to do another test picture since the first one was okay but not good enough for me. I should have it up sometime in the next few days at the earliest or next week at the latest.

Well, it is almost Christmas day and I haven't produced any work. I'm sure some of you are wondering why I'm procrastinating so much. Well, the reason is that I need to work on my colouring desperately. I think it would be a shame if I gave you guys a piece of artwork that I didn't find good enough or even good for that matter. So I decided that I should start working on colouring first before I make any serious work. This doesn't mean that I won't be uploading stuff for you guys, it just means that I'm going to be taking time off from commissions while I work on my colouring technique. Every now and then, to mark a major achievement, I will attempt to make and colour a StarCraft or sci-fi or piece of art for you guys as a sort of thank you for being patient with me.

Also, because I won't have access to the library on the 25, 26, and 27, I'll use this last post to wish you guys a Merry Christmas. I'll be back on Monday and hopefully I will have something to show you guys. Who knows?

that there is some bitchin' zeratul.

nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    Chip Foose Disagrees
    are you in a gran torino or a camaro?
    Last edited by sandwich_bird; 12-28-2009 at 01:50 PM.
    Your hors d'oeuvres, Templar?

Quote Originally Posted by arsedestroyer View Post
    that there is some bitchin' zeratul.

nice work!
    Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I'm trying to do another Zeratul piece - I promised Zero that I would and I intend to keep that promise no matter how long it takes.