Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Developer update for SC2 HOTS!

Default Re: Developer update for SC2 HOTS!

Glad to see all of these features and to see that they're finally starting to cover HotS with weekly updates. Hopefully we'll get our hands on the beta by the end of June, which could signify an October or November release.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Lies and broken promises are "good?"

I owe ME3's ending an apology then.
    "Lies and broken promises", sure because you know exactly what will happen. I am pretty sure that we will get every single one of these features, sooner or later, not because I believe in Blizzard, but because of Blizzard-GOM-KeSPA-OGN agreement.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Quote Originally Posted by RamiZ View Post
    "Lies and broken promises", sure because you know exactly what will happen. I am pretty sure that we will get every single one of these features, sooner or later, not because I believe in Blizzard, but because of Blizzard-GOM-KeSPA-OGN agreement.
    An agreement which makes no sense. I'd really love to see the terms Blizzard and KeSPA agreed to for this cause round 1 negotiations were a clusterfuck.

WoL ID: Cthulhu.726
    HotS ID: Cthulhu.211

I think unranked matchmaking is unnecessary. I'd rather play some peepmode. Actually, they should make peepmode an official part of SC2.

An agreement which makes no sense. I'd really love to see the terms Blizzard and KeSPA agreed to for this cause round 1 negotiations were a clusterfuck.
    It certainly doesn't make sense to you, that's for sure.

I think unranked matchmaking is unnecessary. I'd rather play some peepmode. Actually, they should make peepmode an official part of SC2.
    It probably isn't necessary, but from what I've read, a lot of players actually love it.
    Last edited by RamiZ; 05-08-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Quote Originally Posted by RamiZ View Post
    It certainly doesn't make sense for you, that's for sure.
    I just don't understand how Blizzard and KeSPA "made-up" so (relatively) quickly after Blizzard basically told KeSPA to go fuck themselves when they gloated about having complete control over the SCBW pro-gamers and whined about SC2 not being under KeSPA's thumb. Blizzard's terms at WOL launch were completely unacceptable to KeSPA's fatcats and any kind of deal appeared dead.

That's my vague understanding of it, anyway.
    Last edited by DemolitionSquid; 05-08-2012 at 03:41 PM.

I just don't understand how Blizzard and KeSPA "made-up" so (relatively) quickly after Blizzard basically told KeSPA to go fuck themselves when they gloated about having complete control over the SCBW pro-gamers and whined about SC2 not being under KeSPA's thumb. Blizzard's terms at WOL launch were completely unacceptable to KeSPA's fatcats and any kind of deal appeared dead.

That's my vague understanding of it, anyway.
    Exactly, vague understanding. We don't actually know anything besides that, who knows what else they were discussing and talking about that we don't know. Maybe they were even covering up something bigger with those things. It seems like the truth isn't so simple after all.
    Something is obviously going on when that kind of agreement is made, even after those things, and it makes sense to them.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

another 1/4 will only be available through micro-transactions.
    Riiiight, because SC2 is already flooded with microtransactions

Unranked matchmaking
    This is good news to me.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    Riiiight, because SC2 is already flooded with microtransactions
    Do I need to quote Bobby Kotick?

"We are Activision-Blizzard. Gaming as you know it is over. Your income will be assimilated. We will add your physical and cyber-active assets to our own. Strength is irrelevant. Negotiation is irrelevant. Freedom is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. Resistance is futile."

Last edited by DemolitionSquid; 05-12-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    What do these terms mean?

Assuming unranked matchmaking is a choice, I wonder how many people will use it? Just seems like smurfs vs noobs.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."