Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools

Default April Fools

Blizzard released their April Fool's today (or rather late yesterday).

Here's the link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/news/
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: April Fools

Nice. Must have taken a lot of work to create all that art.

And Tassadar's portrait is still a recycled Archon.

"Multiple endings, each influenced by your choices and color-coded for your convenience! (Further epic endings planned for post release as downloadable content.)"

Gotta admire Blizzard's honesty. Can't wait for StarCraft: Supply Depot to come out.

Just gone on a edit haul on the wiki...crikey, Blizzard's always referenced their own medias in their April Fools', but now we've got everything from Mass Effect to Double Dragon.

Awesome!

They should have set all the Grandmasters to bronze for the day.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Quote Originally Posted by Quirel View Post
    "Multiple endings, each influenced by your choices and color-coded for your convenience! (Further epic endings planned for post release as downloadable content.)"

Gotta admire Blizzard's honesty. Can't wait for StarCraft: Supply Depot to come out.
    This. 1000X.
    For awhile, I took Blizzard for granted around WoW TBC post release, then I just thought the company lost it when Cataclysm came out added with Diablo 3's almost spiral into hell.
    But then I played Dragon Age 2, SWTOR (I'm still a subscriber unfortunately due to my time card), and Mass Effect 3. Wow, talk about perception and a wake up call.

There really is only one Blizzard, and their April fools continuously make me laugh each year, and hopefully I'll be a lifelong customer to their games.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

IDD, Blizzard games maybe doesn't look that awesome on the outside, but once you start with one of their games your hooked. They know exactly what you want before you even know you want it.
    If you don't know what you are doing none else will either, this includes your opponents. Use this knowledge wisely.
    Oatmeal, are you crazy?

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Diablo 3's almost spiral into hell.
    Blizzard games always seem like crap before release. Diablo 2's beta was awful and a lot of people just went back to Diablo 1. But, then years of patching completely changed the game over time.
    "I am the one who knocks."

Friend is letting me use his beta key and I finally got a chance to play - The game definitely has the Diablo 'feel' to me - only problem is that its on the easy setting, so its very difficult to judge what the actual game will be like in that respect. (The Witch Doctor in particular, feels too easy)

There are gameplay elements I miss; stuff like the endurance bar definitely made you more conscious about your tactics. Also, there doesn't seem to be anything like the jewelcrafting element from the last game here. (sorry, have not read up on all the new game mechanics yet....could just be that a lot of this stuff is just not in the beta.)

But overall, it looks and plays really well....definitely looking forward to it.

As fer April fools stuffs....it was funny, but it was no 'Terra-tron'

Last edited by Caliban113; 04-04-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Terra-tron was the Mona Lisa of April Fools' Jokes.
    "I am the one who knocks."