Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 15 may

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: Diablo 3 15 may

This leaves you with constant cliff hanger moments, like entering a story area in a dungeon only to be greeted with
    "DOWNLOADING ADDITIONAL CONTENT".
    Never once had this nor seen it in the hours of beta videos I watched. In fact, I've never heard anyone else mention it. I honestly have no idea what you're referring to. Sounds like the problem is with your client.

Futhermore, I've played probably 5-8 hours and never encountered even the most minor of bugs nor seen any in beta videos. The only bugs I've seen are in BNET topics to specifically talk about bugs. D3 is in much better shape than SC2 at the same stage.

This "release mandatory features in some patch in two years instead of release" crap needs to go.
    This is a bit different than StarCraft 2 delays. At first, Blizzard didn't want to mess with SP/PvE balancing for PvP so PvP was barely supported. Fans bitched incessantly. Then they decided to have some PvP specific balancing and now they want many arenas like SC2 maps. Basically, this time, unlike chat channel delays and whatever else, they've expanded their features instead of just delaying them.

However to me, its still quite the same Diablo and nothing ground breaking.
    Thank God for that. Much like StarCraft, messing with the formula would have ruined it. I've played five or six high-quality Diablo clones and none of them came remotely close to Diablo II.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 03-27-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Yeah I don't know about this additional content thing.

I only got one bug, but it's annoying as hell. (It could be that I am EU so I got high ping to beta clients which makes it so. Or it's a bug)
    Anyways when I move and then attack at the same time my unit will start to move faster than the "real" unit thus it's teleported back. This will continue to happen for as long as I hold the mouse button.

Seeing I like to play hit and run with Demon Hunter / Wizards it's awfully annoying.

Other than that I haven't seen any bugs actually.
    If you don't know what you are doing none else will either, this includes your opponents. Use this knowledge wisely.
    Oatmeal, are you crazy?

Never encountered that one, however, I do know that I had that in Diablo 2 whenever I started to lag, just before I dropped. I'd say that's related to lag. Whether the lag is the fault is on your side or BNET's side I have no idea, though.

Hm, it seems to come and go now. Mostly if I hold left mousebutton and then attack with the right one.

I'll see when EU server goes live. Oh, well I won't be playing much beta.
    If you don't know what you are doing none else will either, this includes your opponents. Use this knowledge wisely.
    Oatmeal, are you crazy?

The EU are servers pretty recent, right? Could be one of those early bugs that I never had because I got into beta a bit late.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 03-28-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Well I got into it pretty late as well. Like patch 12 or 11. Not 100% actually...
    There was 2 patch upgrades pretty close to each other, and I think I felt that -after- one of the patch upgrades either 13 or 14 I started to feel that stuttering lagg.

I got a little higher than 200 ms. I thought there wasn't any EU servers yet?
    Oatmeal, are you crazy?

I thought there wasn't any EU servers yet?
    Oh, I thought you said you were on the EU. I'd never heard of it going up so I assumed it was new.

UGH!

Blizzard just sent out another 275,000 keys and I still ain't got no beta.

WoL ID: Cthulhu.726
    HotS ID: Cthulhu.211

You get more and more spychi-ish every day, Squid. Don't ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    You get more and more spychi-ish every day, Squid. Don't ever change.

WoL ID: Cthulhu.726
    HotS ID: Cthulhu.211