Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 15 may

Default Diablo 3 15 may

I thought there already was a topic about this one. But now there is
    http://eu.battle.net/en/int
    If you don't know what you are doing none else will either, this includes your opponents. Use this knowledge wisely.
    Oatmeal, are you crazy?

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: Diablo 3 15 may

Good. My summer vacation starts May 1, so, I should be able to get some gaming in by the time my summer ends in late August, which about when the game will actually be released.

In all seriousness, this is good news. We're really close to release date. Where's all the SCL "Diablo is vaporware" people now who were saying the game would never be released a few weeks ago

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

To keep the hopes up, Blizzard actually releases a game when they announce its date. Unless certain special cases they haven't missed a date.

They may say soon and mean 4 years, almost done and release 9 months later, but they say 1 date and that date shall be.

Can't believe I still haven't gotten into beta. Its almost like Blizzard lacks the same respect for me I lack for them.

WoL ID: Cthulhu.726
    HotS ID: Cthulhu.211

I never got into beta either =(

Universe way of saying to me, go study!
    Hey guys I want you all to know that my team is playing/did great this weekend so I am going to go ahead and make it my status because I know you all care and want to know my opinion on it.
    -sports fan/douchebag

Visit my blog!
    http://alejandrolc.com/

Beta is awful. You aren't missing anything. Anything in Diablo 3 worth playing is far, far beyond the levels in the beta.

Beta is to small, and to buggy.
    If you don't know what you are doing none else will either, this includes your opponents. Use this knowledge wisely.
    Oatmeal, are you crazy?

I played the beta for a few hours and the was done.

If I could, I would give you my beta key but that's locked to accounts, so I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    Beta is awful. You aren't missing anything. Anything in Diablo 3 worth playing is far, far beyond the levels in the beta.
    I actually have to agree with Tychus on this, it's so buggy with their "Streaming content install" feature.
    Basically, even with a 'full install', the game forces you stream the majority of the game. This leaves you with constant cliff hanger moments, like entering a story area in a dungeon only to be greeted with
    "DOWNLOADING ADDITIONAL CONTENT".
    This doesn't take 5 minutes - oh no - I left my client on and ran to class and came back 6 hours to see it still at the screen. Of course a restart of the game showed it did download all the stuff, but it's glitches like this that ruins your beta experience though. It's rough.

As for the actual game, it feels solid, but they changed alot of things - so the beta is now a complete misrepresentation of the final product. If you like crafting and stuff, Diablo 3 will get you hooked. However to me, its still quite the same Diablo and nothing ground breaking. Which is fine I suppose, but the one major new thing (the PVP Arenas and PVP mode) is not being released for retail until later on through a patch .

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by hyde View Post
    Which is fine I suppose, but the one major new thing (the PVP Arenas and PVP mode) is not being released for retail until later on through a patch .
    I never played Diablo but it seriously sounds like Blizzard needs to hire more programmers or something. This "release mandatory features in some patch in two years instead of release" crap needs to go.