Thread: LoS ability for Toss?

Default LoS ability for Toss?

Hey just a little Theorycrafting here:

What do you guys think of Protoss having a Line of Sight ability? One that would shoot out from a building (lets say Nexus) and reveals the map in a line that eminates from that building.
    Think Forst Archer chick from League of Legends.

Terran has their scanner sweeps for clutch detection & scouting. Maybe Toss can have one too. Of course the fact that it's a LoS style detection means that it would have to be aimed well.

How long the ability lingers would be subject to balancing, but i just don't like being so dependant on observers for scouting. You really are forced to make multiple ones for good map sight, which hinders your Robo tech. + the different angles you can get from Nexus (Nexi??) placements could get interesting. On top of that, scouting a building/tech path of a player would literally be "a shot in the dark"

And of course using it would stop your ability for chrono boosts, so it would have to be used well.
    KCCO

Default Re: LoS ability for Toss?

I'm 100% against it in multiplayer(like most ideas, it could be nice for campaign though). Like you said, it is already a Terran thing plus the nexus will have enough abilities in HotS.

In my opinion, air units/illusions/observers are more than sufficient for Protoss scouting.

Protoss have the best detector in game.
    And I think we can manage without importing crap from shitty games like League of Legends.
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    broodmywarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    I'm 100% against it in multiplayer(like most ideas, it could be nice for campaign though). Like you said, it is already a Terran thing plus the nexus will have enough abilities in HotS.

In my opinion, air units/illusions/observers are more than sufficient for Protoss scouting.
    i agree.

any P being sick of rellying on obs to scout should try some halucination-scouting. its sick-good.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Heart of the Swarm's protoss oracle has an ability called Preordain, which gives vision of a building and what it's producing or researching.

No guarantee it'll end up in HotS in its current form, though.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."