Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SC2 Custom Campaigns

Default Re: SC2 Custom Campaigns

You can check the progress of that on the seldom-updated blog of The Oracle on CampaignCreations.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

This one's not bad: http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/brood/

Only 3 missions as of yet.

Best place to post this: the fifth Brood War remake campaign will be released this week, barring any delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    This one's not bad: http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/brood/

Only 3 missions as of yet.
    I played the first mission, and there's this bug that replaced Azh'kar with a regular queen if you burrow. I noticed only when I tried to use Fungal Scourge against banelings, but the icon had vanished. Yet the skull icon on the minimap was still there, and I lost the mission when the queen died.

I think that map needs a minor edit (beyond the bug); the hero moves at the same speed as a regular queen, which is not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    Best place to post this: the fifth Brood War remake campaign will be released this week, barring any delays.
    Do you mean there's been five separate projects? Or is someone about to release the UED campaign?
    Last edited by Kimera757; 05-07-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    Who is doing this one? Do they have a normal SC remake that is actually pretty good? I found the one played by Husky to have too many terraining issues.
    I've fought for the Terran revolution, I've seen the promise of the Protoss, and now I'm ready to join the might of the Swarm...

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    I played the first mission, and there's this bug that replaced Azh'kar with a regular queen. I noticed only when I tried to use Fungal Scourge against banelings, but the icon had vanished. Yet the skull icon on the minimap was still there, and I lost the mission when the queen died.

I think that map needs a minor edit (beyond the bug); the hero moves at the same speed as a regular queen, which is not cool.

Do you mean there's been five separate projects? Or is someone about to release the UED campaign?
    Someone is about to release the UED campaign.

Jconant's Avatar Junior Member

Why did the developers of this mod feel inclined to reverse engineer the various quality of life elements of sc2? The biggest peev I have so far of this is how retarded the workers are at harvesting the minerals; part of it is really how they designed the mineral lines without modifying the behavior probes follow to mine "efficiently"

Another is the failed attempt to recreate the old sunken colony; a fair and noble effort, but most of the time it just looks buggy and I can't really see when it makes an actual attack; whats the point of having a dysfunctional look over SC2's reincarnation?

That's because some "fans" of StarCraft II want it to be StarCraft I with a graphics patch. Don't play lame campaigns.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Jconant View Post
    Why did the developers of this mod feel inclined to reverse engineer the various quality of life elements of sc2? The biggest peev I have so far of this is how retarded the workers are at harvesting the minerals; part of it is really how they designed the mineral lines without modifying the behavior probes follow to mine "efficiently"

Another is the failed attempt to recreate the old sunken colony; a fair and noble effort, but most of the time it just looks buggy and I can't really see when it makes an actual attack; whats the point of having a dysfunctional look over SC2's reincarnation?
    Honestly, I'd prefer in the sunken colony was just renamed the spine colony in the campaign, and functioned like a permanently placed spine crawler.

Hopefully my campaign doesn't end up a buggy, if commendable for the effort, mess.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Necro, but here's a good one I just played. It's in an alternate universe where the UED won the Brood War:

http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/pla...rran-campaign/

And of course, make sure you guys play Eiven's campaigns:

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/amber-sun/
    http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/crimson-moon/

Really solid terrain & mission design.