Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Working for Blizzard

Default Re: Working for Blizzard

I don't think it's crazy for Blizzard to expect new members of their team to have played and experienced other products that they offer, regardless of where they desire to work within the company.

That said, it's not a requirement at all for you to be an avid WoW player to work there, it just isn't. I personally know several employees who are either casual players or don't really play at all - and yet still were hired and work at Blizzard currently. I'm sure it's easy for a hiring manager to say anything he wants about the requirements of a company once he doesn't work there, but meh. Besides, when you work there it's free - and it's the most popular MMO at this point, if you're a gamer and you work there, I think it's pretty tough to not at least be giving WoW its fair shot.
    here's to the crazy ones..

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I've played it.

Waste of time.
    I hope you agree that that's a very subjective opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
    I hope you agree that that's a very subjective opinion.
    I don't.

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

I lately I applied for this job
    http://eu.blizzard.com/en/jobs/com-p...sentative.html

Online Community Representative – Polish Language

I'm waiting for their reply, hope to get the job cause I have all of the requirements and few pluses.

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by spychi View Post
    I lately I applied for this job

I'm waiting for their reply, hope to get the job cause I have all of the requirements and few pluses.
    But do you play WoW? Because that's one of the requirements.

Xarthat's Avatar Junior Member

As for the polish community whatever, how the heck they suppose to do it from IRELAND? I mean, POLISH from IRELAND? Maybe do the American support from Djibouti?

I don't think they want everyone to play WoW to be hired by them. I guess that was WarCraft-exclusive "request".

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    WoW isn't worth playing.
    imho, the game is awesome. I love it. It's not worth playing though because even if it's fun, it's way too addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacaier View Post
    But do you play WoW? Because that's one of the requirements.
    I buyed it month a go try it.
    Mostly WC3 and SC... and some Diablo 2 when I have lan sunday games.

The job is not in Ireland it's in Velizy, France (southwest of Paris).

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

Xarthat's Avatar Junior Member

Well, so you're about the other post. Another was in Ireland. That doesn't change the fact it's misplaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
    Well, so you're about the other post. Another was in Ireland. That doesn't change the fact it's misplaced.
    I would rather work somewhere abroad than in Poland, I find our country to be full of faggots if it comes to work in group, I don't like our nationality, I love the history and the whole country but mainly I avoid polish people abroad and in multiplayer games.
    I worked in England and the diffrence between there and here is huge, polish guy could sell another polish guy for a better recomendation or for a raise.