Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2 Alpha shots

Default Starcraft 2 Alpha shots

I miss the tiger striped Toss. Terran actually looked more utilitarian than the toy like feel they have now.

Zerg was a huge improvement.

Default Re: Starcraft 2 Alpha shots

Interesting screenshots. The Dropshop/Medivac looks the same, as does the SCV, just more refined in the final product. With the Protoss, that Gateway looks a lot like the SC1 Alpha Gateway. Interesting. But what are those two Protoss ships down there? Maybe a Corsair and.....what? Those Pylons look huge.

Terran actually looked more utilitarian than the toy like feel they have now.
    Now I know you're trolling.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    Interesting screenshots. The Dropshop/Medivac looks the same, as does the SCV, just more refined in the final product. With the Protoss, that Gateway looks a lot like the SC1 Alpha Gateway. Interesting. But what are those two Protoss ships down there? Maybe a Corsair and.....what? Those Pylons look huge.

Now I know you're trolling.
    He isn't trolling, that is just Wankey, he is actually dead serious. Just has very weird taste and has to complain about everything. Even if there isn't anything to complain about, he will make something to complain, like that in current state Mutalisks are useless, because Infestors are better in every possible way, even if 8/10 top pro Zerg players goes for Mutas instead of Infestors.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

What is the point of being on fansite for a game you find no redeeming qualities in? Other than to be a troll.

Don't put words in my mouth, and it's clear this community is just trash now. No point posting here since there are no new people here anyway. Same old grouchy people with limited views.

Quote Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
    Same old grouchy people with limited views.
    Pot, the kettle is calling, it's for you.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Don't put words in my mouth, and it's clear this community is just trash now. No point posting here since there are no new people here anyway. Same old grouchy people with limited views.
    I'm not putting words in your mouth. You have never said anything complimentary about the game. Not once.

At least the rest of us have things we like about the game. Like Tychus finding the gameplay of the campaigns excellent.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Where'd you get those screenshots? I find them hilarious because they're almost a parody of the SC1 alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Where'd you get those screenshots? I find them hilarious because they're almost a parody of the SC1 alpha.
    Panel Stream. This was shown in the Art & Tech panel. Some guy went through the trouble of keeping every build of SC2. It was pretty hilarious to see.

There was also a really funny part in an old build where the Archon was a summon that was achieved by putting 3 High Templars on a casting circle.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Isn't that what all fan communities are like, grouchy, sentimental and nostalgic?

Anyway, these are surprising words from someone who, ahem, epitomized many of those very same things about the community.

Very nice alpha screenshots, by the way, they certainly didn't have a art clear direction back then but you can sort of see how it led to things like the very first siege tank model unveiled back in 2007.
    Last edited by Eligor; 10-22-2011 at 08:27 PM.