Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All new HOTS units - screenshots(SPOILER)

Default All new HOTS units - screenshots(SPOILER)

Last edited by sandwich_bird; 10-21-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Added the source

Default Re: All new HOTS units - screenshots(SPOILER)

Wow. I... I'm gonna need some time to process all this.

My first thoughts are:

Viper seem to replace Corruptor and Overseer. Good call, both units were weak.

Swarm Host is all new. Fits Zerg well, seems to be early game defense oriented which was needed.

Warhound seem to replace Thor. Finally.

Battle Hellion as Hellion upgrade. I feel this has no real purpose because of Marauders; feels like a needless Firebat throwback.

Shredder is all new. Again, I feel it has no purpose because ranged Hellion AoE > melee AoE.

Replicant is all new. Replaces Hallucination perhaps? Cost must be high to avoid using for replication of Zerglings. Possible harassment solution - copy enemy Mutalisks/Banshees.

Oracle is all new, but may replace Phoenix a bit. Protoss needed a better harassing unit, but in the sense they needed it earlier. If it is Stargate built it may not be much of an improvement.

Tempest appears to replace the Phoenix and Void Ray. If this is so, FUCK BLIZZARD. If it replaces the Carrier, FINALLY.
    Last edited by DemolitionSquid; 10-21-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Baneling's Avatar Junior Member

Pure awesome! This is the kind of stuff I was initially expecting from SC2! D-Squid you've got to love this, a new protoss capital ship.

this sounds surprisingly good, but I gotta see it in action,
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

So the tempest has returned in a tweaked form. Nice.

I'm guessing the Tempest replaces the carrier and the Oracle replaces the Observer.

HOLY FREAKING SHIT, these things are awesome!

I really like that the Dark Swarm is making an comeback and the new "Lurker" is awesome as hell! I AM DROOLING!
    "Living for the Swarm!"

I think tempest replace mothership... and I hope not many Wol units will cutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    I think tempest replace mothership... and I hope not many Wol units will cutted.
    Probably one per race. For example, Terran Thor will be cutted as I see Warhound replace it, by the wording of that unit. Zerg Overseer and Protoss Mothership! I am pretty happy!
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Guessing swarm host spawns broodlings.

Seems like corruption moved to protoss with oracle?? And the way they emphasise anti-air for Tempest....viking/mutalisk/phoenix killer??? Are replicant units able to fight??

@DemoSquid Shredder is deployable. I'm imagining that plus PFs. So sending in a mass of lings would get (pun incoming) shredded. Makes terran harder to attack into. Imagine shredders in front of siege tanks.

On a side note with what Day[9] has been saying about wanting units to control space seems like Zerg and Terran got theirs and i'm assuming Blizzard thinks forcefields fulfill that role for Protoss.

EDIT: Maybe oracle can corrupt geysers and MULEs to disrupt economy.....or maybe an AOE or single target harvester disabling spell. But AOE spell would be really imba late game..."You can never mine!!!!"
    Last edited by JackhammerIV; 10-21-2011 at 12:11 PM.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

I really dig the protoss and zerg units. The oracle is just the unit P's need, and come on... dark swarm in Sc2? Aweeeesome!

Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.