Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you're gonna remove units, remove old ones

Default Re: If you're gonna remove units, remove old ones

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    Yeah, it's out.

The replicant is a good replacement, though.
    The Replicant is nothing like the Changeling. It costs 200/200. It can become any non-massive enemy unit. It stays your color. Using it as a spy would be a horrible strategy unless it copied a Banshee and cloaked.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

The Replicant is basically hallucination + mind control.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    The Replicant is nothing like the Changeling. It costs 200/200. It can become any non-massive enemy unit. It stays your color. Using it as a spy would be a horrible strategy unless it copied a Banshee and cloaked.
    It's a shape-shifting unit.

Conceptually it's similar. But admittedly it doesn't fill the same role in the slightest.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

So, it's even harder to scout as Zerg now? Are they replacing the Changeling with something better?

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Question: can the replicant change multiple times, or is it stuck as a marine if you make it a marine?

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    Question: can the replicant change multiple times, or is it stuck as a marine if you make it a marine?
    Unknown right now. I would expect it to be able to return to Replicant form to maximize its 200/200 cost.

It amuses me to check the one B.net thread and see people complaining "no, you can't take away the carrier and the mothership, they're iconic!"

lol, first, they were already gonna ditch the carrier, they brought it back because of that emotional connection. It sucked, they ditch it again.

As for the mothership, in what world is it iconic of anything, except how seriously off-target a unit can get from its intended role during development?
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Unknown right now. I would expect it to be able to return to Replicant form to maximize its 200/200 cost.
    On the demo version, no, it doesn't change back. It changes into what it scans, and that's what it is. If you scan a worker, you can build, but unlike Brood War, it doesn't use a separate unit limit, it still is based on the 200 psi limit for the Protoss.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    On the demo version, no, it doesn't change back. It changes into what it scans, and that's what it is. If you scan a worker, you can build, but unlike Brood War, it doesn't use a separate unit limit, it still is based on the 200 psi limit for the Protoss.
    Well then:

A) That's just stupid. I'm not paying 200/200 for a one-use transformation unit.

B) We already knew you can't go past 200 pop, because the same thing happens when an Infestor Parasites a Probe or SCV currently.

Well then:

A) That's just stupid. I'm not paying 200/200 for a one-use transformation unit.

B) We already knew you can't go past 200 pop, because the same thing happens when an Infestor Parasites a Probe or SCV currently.
    A) As Blizzard has been able to keep the three races separate enough, I'm sure there are situations where grabbing an enemy race's unit can tip the scales in your favor, even if the scanned unit isn't worth 200/200.

B) Surprisingly I haven't played around too much in WoL, so I didn't know about that. Good to know.
    [CENTER]