Page 61 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit Pictures

Default Re: Unit Pictures

Sure, I probably will. I think I'll also do the Gantrithor and the Koramund carrier designs as well, but, expect all of this in like, a year, I won't be rushing to get them out.

(Edit: for those that missed it, I posted on the previous page that I'd done a Brood War dragoon, for Fenix:

)

Hey, I did a rough scaling of the HotS intro trailer.

The Viking, the Siege Tank, the Ultralisk, and the ridiculous BC at the end.

Would you like me to post it?

Shadow Archon: Yes.

Robear: You have no idea how happy that Dragoon makes me.

Also, here is an example of how I interpreted and merged the Brood War Carrier and StarCraft II carrier. Don't know if it helps with inspiration or anything.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Alright.

I first, was assuming that Terran Marines are two meters tall. I know you can get higher figures going by how they relate to normal people in Starcraft 2 or Frontline but eh, I didn't go that far.

Now, for the BC.

Since I scaled the lower buildings to 49 meters in height, and we can see skyscrapers in the distance right under the huge BC, (Yes, they are closer to us then the BC. ) I decided to scale the explosion we can see at first light, which is quite smaller than the skyscrapers nearby, at fifty meters, about around the same as the bottom buildings in height.

Double checking, when the light starts to illuminate everything, the smallest buildings I can see in the distance, are around that size, so I think I did estimate well.

So:

And using the scene from Char:

It's very rough scaling though for the BC.

I know they've stated the figure for the Bucephalus, but that figure is pretty much bollocks IMHO. There's no way it could be 550 meters long and84 wide.
    Last edited by Shadow Archon; 12-02-2013 at 08:58 PM.

So, by your estimates, how long would that Battlecruiser be?
    Aaand sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    So, by your estimates, how long would that Battlecruiser be?
    Oh, whoops, that one image isn't big enough.

3,455.6 meters in length.

About three times the size of a SC1 Behemoth.

Great stuff, Shadow Archon! Man, I wish wish wish that battlecruiser had been consistent with the Hyperion. For what it's worth, my estimates are probably a bit rougher, but the ultralisk in my chart is about 24m, my tank is a bit over 4, and my marine is just over 2, very similar numbers.

VoK: I'm glad! I was afraid nobody would like the old design, heh.

While I'm in a heroic mood here's another completely unasked for unit... JUDICATOR ALDARIS!

Last edited by Robear; 12-02-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robear View Post
    Great stuff, Shadow Archon! Man, I wish wish wish that battlecruiser had been consistent with the Hyperion.
    Well, technically, the Bucephalus is "suppose" to be bigger than the Hyperion, but they use the same model, which means they use the same windows and all. So things get weird. Sizes aren't going to be consistent, so it seems like Battlecruisers have EVA syndrome.

In Evangelion, sizes in certain scenes varied as much from an Eva being 60 meters tall to over 200 meters.

While we can't explain that away lore wise, we can with the Zerg, which do vary in size a lot as well.

For examples:

The Hydralisk is just a bit bigger than a Marine most of the time.

In the Comics, there's this one Hydralisk that completely fits an entire guy (no CMC armor) in its mouth!

There are Zerlglings around the size of dogs, to Zerglings bigger than Marines in power armor.

The Scourge also vary, from being the size of bats to being the giant things they are in the Fall of Norad 2.

So, the Mutalisk size varying between their normal size to that of a thing that flies around a Battlecruiser and Carrier is okay.

The Zerg are biological creatures that vary on size for purpose after all.

Things get a bit more iffy with the Protoss though.

Apparently, every Carrier's internal space is different due to personal taste. Even interceptors seem to be customized based on who make them.

So you have the Interceptors in "The Death of the Overmind" which are pretty much corvette sized ships along the ~1,200 meter long Carrier to things that around the size of a Queen-sized mattress.

So, as long as you are scaling something in the lore, you're numbers are right. Don't worry too much about consistency.

For what it's worth, my estimates are probably a bit rougher, but the ultralisk in my chart is about 24m, my tank is a bit over 4, and my marine is just over 2, very similar numbers.
    Yours are actually closer I think. The Marines are definitely a bit taller than 2 meters.
    While I'm in a heroic mood here's another completely unasked for unit... JUDICATOR ALDARIS!
    Wow. Nostalgia attack.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowArchon
    In Evangelion, sizes in certain scenes varied as much from an Eva being 60 meters tall to over 200 meters.

While we can't explain that away lore wise, we can with the Zerg, which do vary in size a lot as well.
    Well aaactually, remember that some of the Battlecruisers Kerrigan fought were of the Pride of Augustgrad-class, which could have been heavier and larger than your typical Behemoth-class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowArchon

Well aaactually, remember that some of the Battlecruisers Kerrigan fought were of the Pride of Augustgrad-class, which could have been heavier and larger than your typical Behemoth-class.
    Aaand sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Yeah, but Kerrigan has her dream of something prior to when Korhal was invaded. So I doubt it actually was Korhal.

Sure, the online site suggests its Korhal with the same BC and near by the Emperor's Palace, but it doesn't match up with the games linear events.

Not to mention that since it uses the same cinematic model as other ships, we don't know exactly what class it is.

EDIT:

What is with the "updated" clone post that makes me have to edit every single time?