Page 51 of 131 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit Pictures

Default Re: Unit Pictures

They used it after the Brood War, up until at least 2503. I think the Alliance used Valkyries as well.

Or, since the UED Valkyrie's full name is "Valkyrie missile frigate," use that as the title and leave the other as "Valkyrie fighter" or something.

Which canon is this?

In the novel Starcraft: Ghost: Nova, the Dominion uses a Valkyrie (wait, wait, maybe it was the Confederacy, since this was the flashback part of the book, on Tarsonis. Confederate troop-transport Valkyrie?).

(Yeah, labelling it the Valkyrie Missile Frigate would be a good move.)

Quote Originally Posted by Demolij View Post
    And the Mothership Core looks ok. I think the random eye looking thing looks funny, but that's just me.
    Yeah, I think the MC turned out pretty bad, but the eye is in the original design, too. It just looks more awkward head-on.

Everyone agrees that the aberration should be bigger, so, yeah, it will be.

The Command Center seems awfully suspended. I think it should be slightly closer to the ground, because somehow units can't go underneath it, but it has enough room to fit a Siege Tank under there, and when it turns into a Planetary Fortress it becomes too heavy to get off the ground, so I doubt those suspenders could hold it up.
    Certainly the new command center design should be lower to the ground, but the old command center... actually could fit a siege tank under it. So, I dunno, I agree it's a little funny-looking, but, there should be space underneath it.

Last edited by Robear; 05-17-2013 at 07:42 PM.

In the novel Starcraft: Ghost: Nova, the Dominion uses a Valkyrie (wait, wait, maybe it was the Confederacy, since this was the flashback part of the book, on Tarsonis. Confederate troop-transport Valkyrie?).

Hm... yeah, speed of darkness also had a valkyrie. I guess it's canon (or rather, proper-ish canon, as opposed to shit-canon), but why wasn't it in SC vanilla? :P

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

That "eye" can't be unseen...

A Valkyrie appears in Nova, but it's regarded as an anachronism. It doesn't appear in Speed of Darkness however - the dropship is called Valkyrie Vixen, but it isn't an actual Valkyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    A Valkyrie appears in Nova, but it's regarded as an anachronism.
    Regarded by whom?

I just checked the Brood War manual (which is obviously a better source than any novel), and it describes Valkyrie Missile Frigates as a 'powerful addition to the UED's expeditionary fleet,' which does imply that they're UED, so yeah— but maybe the Merc Valkyrie Fighter seen in HotS is really a rare, old Confederate design, one that was never in the original Stacraft because is kind of sucks? Obviously when Nova was written I'm sure they were imagining the frigate, but, retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    That "eye" can't be unseen...
    You could've had a pun in there...
    -----

Valkyrie Vixen, eh? Thanks for clearing that up.

maybe the Merc Valkyrie Fighter seen in HotS is really a rare, old Confederate design,
    Or it was just a craft abandoned by the UED and/or stolen. Mercs tend to be enterprising at times. If it was a rare confederate model, they would've made more money selling it to a spaceship pawn shop of some kind (there's a bobs guns, and bob's hydralisk burgers or whatever; so there's probably also a 'bob's third cousin twice removed spaceship emporium and hangar'). Nevermind the 'blizzard jokes', I think that sort of thing speaks of the kind of business terran civil life can deal in.
    Last edited by solidsamurai; 05-18-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Nolanstar's Avatar Junior Member

The description says that the new valkaryie is mira hans long range bombers, however the model has 2 foreword guns, 2 outrigger missile pods, and a missile deployment system on the top

also in lore the confederacy used a dropship class called the Valkyrie for troop deployment,

the brutalisk is a massive assault beast that dwarfs even the ultralisk in size and strength

thor should be a bit bigger than the ultralisk, and the back cannons less foreword and more distributed

also could you please do the Cerberus- class ship (Id of the pirate ship in the editor)

and yeah at this point I think the minotars are 550 meters, you can even see windows on the ingame model on high graphics

also a swarm queen might be nice (the type in the hots ) similar to a queen but shorter and longer, and different talons

Quote Originally Posted by Nolanstar View Post
    the brutalisk is a massive assault beast that dwarfs even the ultralisk in size and strength
    I'm happy to do this if you can find a source that says this. I keep hearing it, but when was this ever said?

thor should be a bit bigger than the ultralisk, and the back cannons less foreword and more distributed
    Again, source? Maybe they should be, but you gotta tell me why my estimate is wrong. This thor with an SCV doesn't look so big.

also could you please do the Cerberus- class ship (Id of the pirate ship in the editor)
    I don't think I will be, at least not for a long while, simply because there's no way to guess how big it's meant to be. It'd be completely made up. There are plenty of other off-shot terran units, like those blimps with ads on them, or the Nomad, that we can tell the size of, but maybe if I get around to those I'll do the pirate ship.

By the way, don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I colored that revised Behemoth sketch from a while back:

I still have to do the tempest. That's a tricky one. I'll probably go the void-ray route of just taking the general shape and making up all of the details.