Page 4 of 131 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit Pictures

Default Re: Unit Pictures

Don't know if you've seen this, but this picture apparently compares an Ultralisk with a Zergling.
    http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/142892...024829871.html
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

That's not an ultralisk is it?

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

That's Torrasque, or at least that's the name given to it on an artwork at this year's Blizzcon. It's a bit larger than a SC2 ultralisk.

They have artwork for Torrasque, presumably for StarCraft II (being at Blizzcon and all)? I am elated.

I was planning to include the SCBW ultralisk design (which I guess is now the Torrasque? It'd better have an in-game model). But, if now it and the SC2 and SCG designs are all different sizes, I could include all of them, if you guys want.

I've drawn the immortal, dragoon, viking, banshee, larva, and vulture, but they haven't been scanned and colored yet because:

I've been doing some of the work on the Flash end of things. The final version will have a slider to zoom in and out and from left to right to scale up from the larva to, I dunno, the leviathan, a play button that slowly moves along for you, and a comparison feature: you'll be able to select two units from a menu and show them to scale side-by-side. I'll probably also have an option to show just the units of one race, 'cause with all of them there's an awful lot.

In the mean time, here's a cleaner lineup (now the units are pngs with transparency), some slightly recolored units, and the baneling and roach:

Last edited by Robear; 10-30-2011 at 01:59 PM.

So the end product is going to be a Flash movie? Very nice. I approve. =]

Where did you get your reference for the Roach? It seems a bit big; I thought they were only slightly larger than Zerglings.

And yes, I think it would be neat to depict all variations of the Ultralisk. You can start with a template Ultra, and modify that for the other two strains. I think it might be a good way to show how the Zerg have evolved over time. More over, there do seem to be at least three distinct strains: the Overmind's strain (the most basic of the set); Kerrigan's strain (complete with extra scythes); and the mighty Torrasque variety.
    Aaand sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Where did you get your reference for the Roach? It seems a bit big; I thought they were only slightly larger than Zerglings.
    You know what? You're right. I just looked over some more HoTS screens, and while there isn't an actual onscreen comparison of the Roach and Zergling yet, they both appear in the Evolution Chamber, so I edited together some shots, and you're right.

I'm excited to see what other units appear in here. I fixed the Roach back in the title post, but I don't like its small size. It doesn't seem big enough to be a threat to a Zealot. :/
    Last edited by Robear; 10-30-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Well, it comes waist-high to a protoss. Wolves are about as big to humans, and they can definitely pose a threat. But wolves don't have scythes or corrosive vomit, nor attack in as great numbers.

How about siege tanks? I know there's a comparison in the hangar of the Hyperion, but it seemed a bit small to me. And I can't wait to see your rendition of the Viking in its alternate forms.

Will you be trying to include the newest units from HotS? You might be able to estimate the size of the Battle Hellion, but I don't know about the others.
    Aaand sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Well, it comes waist-high to a protoss. Wolves are about as big to humans, and they can definitely pose a threat. But wolves don't have scythes or corrosive vomit, nor attack in as great numbers.

How about siege tanks? I know there's a comparison in the hangar of the Hyperion, but it seemed a bit small to me. And I can't wait to see your rendition of the Viking in its alternate forms.

Will you be trying to include the newest units from HotS? You might be able to estimate the size of the Battle Hellion, but I don't know about the others.
    Fair enough. Yeah, the tank and dropship in the back there seemed like they might've been a bit small to me, but fortunately I have Ghost to fall back on for both:

Good ol' Arclite tanks.

I'd certainly like to draw the new units, but I suppose I ought to put them off until the end of this project, in case Blizzard decides to revise their size/shape/color, which is a very strong possibility. I love the Viper design, though, and its fun to imagine how big it would be to pull a tank with its tongue.

Wait wasn't there a Torrasque in starcraft 1, but it was based of an ultralisk model? (duo to lack of problems probably.)