Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit Pictures

Default Re: Unit Pictures

Like the mothership artwork in general, but I'm not sure about the khaydarin crystal being exposed like that. It doesn't match official artwork and the crystal is said to be at the heart of the mothership.

Moving on, I like the female Spectre idea. Also, appologies if you've covered this before, but is there any possibility of you doing the hybrid units at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    Like the mothership artwork in general, but I'm not sure about the khaydarin crystal being exposed like that. It doesn't match official artwork and the crystal is said to be at the heart of the mothership.

Moving on, I like the female Spectre idea. Also, appologies if you've covered this before, but is there any possibility of you doing the hybrid units at some point?
    Oh, huh, I hadn't even really thought about that aspect of the mothership. If you look at the bottom of the in-game model, there's a big team-colored crystal down there, and I was just going off of that, but I could take it out or shove it up in there more. (if you didn't already see, check the previous page for the current version of my colored mothership)

And, I could draw the hybrids, but probably not for this project— there's never any indication of their size at all, except that they have protoss-looking heads.

I'd guess between 15 and 25 feet tall?
    Last edited by Robear; 09-20-2012 at 11:46 PM.

Hmm...you have a point. Maybe only part of the crystal is sticking out? Thing is, the crystal seems to provide energy for the ship as a whole rather than acting as just a weapon, so it would make sense to stick it in closer to the ship.

As for the hybrids, I guess the game itself could be used as a basis-can get a good sense of zealot and marine sizes, and we can compare/contrast both to hybrid reavers and destroyers based on missions.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    And the following demonstrates the size difference between a Behemoth and Minotaur battlecruiser.

That's not Behemoth vs. Minotaur. It's in-game vs. story-mode battlecruiser. Both the Hyperion and Minotaurs use the same exact models in-game and for story mode. I think the in-game BCs were used to give the sense that they were less detailed and therefore farther away.

HERE'S THE NEW SPECTRE.

SUPER BADASS

It seems that some units have disappeared from the first chart? Like the zergling and the marine.

Oh, yeah, don't worry about it— Flash doesn't seem to like displaying over 60 .png files at once, so it started hiding the smaller ones. They're really still there on my end, and I just haven't been updating that picture on the first page— I'm waiting until I've finished the nydus worm (which is big enough to change the spacing a lot), so I can nail down the layout.

So I found some concept art from HotS, Robear. We have here Colossi, Dark Templar and Pylon!

Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

I'm not quite sure those are colossi (maybe if they are in some sort of sleep mode, but certainly not activated). That's a nice catch for those pylons, though, I thought they were waaaay larger.

I imagine this is concept art for all the frozen Protoss doodads in HotS— that tallest, middle thing is definitely just a structure, but I do think the two flanking things are supposed to be colossi— you can see they have those angled antennae things sticking out on either side, which isn't really a common feature of Protoss designs.

But, yeah, they're definitely buried in the ice or folded up or something, as their legs look really short here. :P

As for pylons, yeah, SCG's were probably only 30 feet tall, they're not that huge. That would make those colossi enormous, though.