Page 21 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit Pictures

Default Re: Unit Pictures

Well, overlords float like hot air balloons. They might need the "fatness" for a good flight when they carry ultras.

Wow,its really amazing.please tell me how the machinized units fills?
    For more about cleaning gold coast visit the website and good used cars. Then como aparecer en google enjoy.

Good points all around.
    (My basic problem with Mr. Jack's overlord is that because of the angle it's at it just looks like a big ball, and also the legs are really small and de-emphasized, which was more justifiable in SC1, but the SC2 overlord's legs are pretty solid.

)

Then the motivation for shrinking the side globe things and adding the little glowing dots along the side is the SCG overlord, where you can see I got a lot of the inspiration for the ridgey look and squishy border thing between the legs and the upper part. And then the face is largely based on the SC1 portrait.

You can see in the video that it's still very round and hot-air balloonish from the front, that's what I'm imagining mine is like. Also, man the overlord in that video sounds so good. So much better than SC2. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by cedrick03 View Post
    Wow,its really amazing.please tell me how the machinized units fills?
    Fills? I'm not sure what you're asking, sorry. :/
    Last edited by Robear; 06-15-2012 at 09:14 AM.

He probably wants to know how drawing the mechanical units feels ^^

My natural style is pretty sketchy and messy, which fits the Zerg units more. I can draw nicer, cleaner lines (ex. the Colossus), so I'm mad at myself for drawing units like the phoenix and shuttle so sloppily.

Here's another nice clean one, the warp prism:

And the current layout and sizes (sorry it's just a small preview, Flash doesn't let me export the resolution I want to, so I'll have to export a bunch of smaller chunks and stitch them together and it's a pain):

I'm pretty happy with the way this is turning out. Only 6 Protoss units to go! (Corsair, Arbiter, Interceptor, final version of BW carrier, Mothership, and, of course, the Observer.)
    Last edited by Robear; 06-19-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Isn't the Void Ray supposed to be a capital ship?

Ah. Warp Prism, not Void Ray. Guess it's off to bed for me.
    Last edited by Quirel; 06-20-2012 at 12:42 AM.

The mothership will be a pain because of size ^^

As for the Void Ray, IIRC it's the "first" aircraft which worked bounded to void and kahla energies. It is probably smaller than the carrier, but it is still large. I believe it's big because of the "reactor" it most hold within its hull. I'd say that the scale between the "Trade Federation Battleship" and the "Star Destroyer" from this link would work right for the Carrier and the Void Ray.
    Last edited by The_Blade; 06-19-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Yeah, here's a rough version of the sizes I was thinking of for the Protoss capital ships:

The big ships' size compared to the little ships will have to wait until the battlecruisers are done though, because I'll be scaling the battlecruiser's hangars to fit the dropship and wraiths, and then if the toss ships look too big or too small compared to the bc, they'll need to change.

By the way, I want to draw the Raven, but its size depends on whether it would have a smallish crew inside of it or just the one pilot that we see in the portrait. I'm in favor of the larger, crew option, because as a one-man craft it doesn't look like its body would have a lot of space to store all the materials needed for making drones and turrets and things.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Robear; 06-20-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Is the Classic Carrier the Gantrithor?

As far as I know Ravens are automated drones with a remote controller.

I don't know how much this will help with scale, especially considering it's only concept art. Shown is a Leviathen, Mothership and Overlords.

Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Is the Classic Carrier the Gantrithor?

As far as I know Ravens are automated drones with a remote controller.

I don't know how much this will help with scale, especially considering it's only concept art. Shown is a Leviathen, Mothership and Overlords.

Heh, according to that, my mothership needs to be wayyyy bigger. So many protoss ships sizes on this chart are going to be complete guesses. >_<

And that actually makes a lot of sense for the Raven, I'm happy with that explanation. So, another unit that we'll be guessing on.

I finished the Corsair, too Here's a better look at all the non-capital air units.

(Grizzly and Medivac might need to be a tiny bit bigger, but I think the Protoss and Zerg stuff is looking good.)
    Last edited by Robear; 06-20-2012 at 11:25 AM.