Page 13 of 132 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit Pictures

Default Re: Unit Pictures

(if you're just reading this now, look, ultralisks are on the previous page).

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Guess it makes sense considering that the Overlord in BW could fit two Ultras whereas in SC2 it fits one. Your Overlord will be interesting...
    Yeah, I'll probably do it tomorrow; between Ghost, SC2, and my own past sketches of overlords, I've got a good idea of what to draw.
    I'm also redrawing a couple of the old units I was never satisfied with: the lurker and infested terran. My old one was just not a very good picture, and didn't match up to the level of infestation needed.

And, here's the scourge and shuttle. Overlord's been put off.

The only time scourge appear in a cinematic, they're absurdly huge. So, this is kind of more based on the game, though still not too small compared to the guardian. And, the shuttle is big enough to fit 2 reavers inside, as the manual says. This SCG screenshot is the only other thing I have to go on.

I might need to add some detail to the picture, since it's displayed so big. :/

So far I've completed 36 units, with ~40 to go. Almost halfway, assuming I don't do campaign units.
    Last edited by Robear; 01-31-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Aww, and I was really looking forward to your Overlord.

That's a nice shuttle you have there. I look forward to seeing your Scout and other protoss walkers. Particularly the Immortal.

BTW, looks like your shuttle is smiling.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Well, I can oblige you for the scout (and, yeah, now I can't unsee the shuttle's grin). I just went for the SC2 scout, I think it looks okay.

The scout and phoenix are roughly sized based on their cockpits and in relation to the shuttle. Scouts are in cinematics, but the only really clear comparison is to the carrier, so, its size here might change later on. I also slightly enlarged the zerg air units, because they were too small compared to the scout.

But, please, if you have any information about how big any of these are actually supposed to be, please share! I don't like just making this stuff up.
    Last edited by Robear; 02-01-2012 at 06:47 PM.

I don't have any extra information. I just want to express that I think what you are doing is awesome!

We don't have any information, as far as I know, regarding the dimensions of the Pheonix. However, what I've done in the past to measure the length of the Scout was go to the Wrath of the Xel'Naga cinematic and watch the scout ram into the shielded side of the Temple. It gets pretty close to the Crystal platform at the top before exploding.

I'd then compare Zeratul and Artanis against the platform, then compare against the Scout.

My measurements resulted in the scout being pretty damned big, about the size you have there. See what you can make out of it.

As for the Colossi, if you go by this picture here, I'd estimate the top of the Colossus to reach the top of the Scout where it is right now on your chart. But that's just a rough estimate, going by the Reavers in the picture.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 02-02-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Aaand sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    As for the Colossi, if you go by this picture here, I'd estimate the top of the Colossus to reach the top of the Scout where it is right now on your chart. But that's just a rough estimate, going by the Reavers in the picture.
    Sounds good to me. It's a good size compared to how big it is in the game, how big it would need to be to step up cliffs, and how tall it would need to be to get targeted by missile turrets.

I'll try to upload the drone and probe tonight, two more units whose size I'll be completely guessing. :/ I've drawn the drone already, but I'm still working out how to combine the old and new probe designs.

Also, here's a sketch of what I'm planning the two batlecruiser designs to look like.
    Last edited by Robear; 02-03-2012 at 05:14 PM.

We've got a good amount of reference material for the SCV. I'd say the Probe and Drone are of comparable size. I don't have anything to go by on this, but I think a Drone is shown in StarCraft Frontline.

Combining the Probe designs seems like it would be pretty easy, actually. The SC2 design combines two of the ventral fins from the SC1 design into one, then adds one on the "crest". The two large "wings" are tucked underneath it; and the "lights" on the front are brought to the sides. And if you need any more reference for the SC2 probe, here ya go:

I'd just alter the "face" around so its somewhere between the two designs.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 02-03-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    Aaand sold.

Eh, while I really like the way that picture looks, it is just a fan art, and it doesn't have more detail than the portrait anyway.

They did a really good job though.

I'm set for the SCV, though. Here's a drawing I did years ago, based on the SCBW SCV.

So, the new drawing will be like that, but with a few of the SC2 shapes.
    Last edited by Robear; 02-03-2012 at 05:39 PM.

I know... but it looks frickin' cool.
    Aaand sold.

Alright, new SCV sketch done, though not colored.

I'm happy with it as a blend of the old and new SCVs, but, I kind of wish I could just ignore the SC2 version. Here's a fan art based on SCG's concept art:

Wish they still looked like that. :P