Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1312

Thread: Unit Pictures

Default Re: Unit Pictures

Ooooh that's sexy, Robear...
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

So cool...

Here's a version with a better framerate, I switched to using OBS to record. Still can't record it in fullscreen, but I'm on a 5 and a half year old laptop that can't play modern games, I think most people will be able to run it just fine even after I add in a dozen more ships.

I don't fly through the neck in this one though. :P

Were you thinking of adding maneuvering jets? Also, that Valk would be fried by the efflux of that Cruiser's engine.

Otherwise, sweet mother of mercy.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Fighters in the hangar would be real nice, the quality in that is insane. Good job!

There will absolutely be a hangar interior with fighters. The plan is pretty much to reuse a bunch of the ideas I had when I was making a cinematic fleet shot for this, but the hangar I made then wasn't great, and wasn't meant to be seen from all angles. So I have to make a new one.

So in the first version I plan to release (which hopefully can be embedded in a browser) I want to have:

-a hangar interior that I can copy/paste a few times
    -SCVs in the hangars
    -maybe a couple of marines standing in place
    -some wraiths in hangars, some flying around
    -a few Valkyries
    -a bunch of Dropships in hangars, some flying around.
    -A science vessel and a battlecruiser with hangars
    -hopefully a couple Overlords just chilling with an idle animation, just to show that more than just terrans will be coming.

Eventually I would have a lot more ships, and let you control a transforming viking and all that, but those are the models I have at least mostly-completed atm.

As for maneuvering jets, I doubt I'll be modeling them on, but I do want to let you move to the left and right and maybe even backwards, unlike the plane-like controls in that video. Otherwise looking around and actually landing in those hangars is really frustrating. So I could maybe add a little particle emitter showing a jet out the side.

Since I know very little on the coding side of things, I'm not going to try to make something like Battlefront 2 yet, where you can just walk up to any ship and take it. Probably I'll just have you start off as an SCV and just have a menu to instantly swap to controlling one of the other ships. I probably won't even have the dropships be controllable yet because I'd like to animate their engines rotating and stuff as they fly and land and change direction.

Right now anything besides you that would be moving would just be pre-animated, no AI or anything. Just figuring out good controls for moving and for moving the camera is enough on my plate for now. And I don't plan on implementing damage or shooting [yet], so you'll just be indestructible, even though you can crash into the other ships (I'll also need a reset button, since you can get stuck).

So, working on this and drawing Hybrids is the forecast for the next couple months.
    Last edited by Robear; 12-15-2015 at 07:32 PM.

retro but yes sexy

Someday maybe I'll add the SC2 battlecruiser, and some of the interior hangars VoK designed in his epic cross-section poster. After all, the SC2 design is the one I have the official size for, not this one. But one of the reasons I made the retro models is because they're a million times easier to make and texture, so much blockier and simpler. And then the overall graphics are sort of like if Ghost were made for the Xbox 360, but that's about all my computer can handle.

Here's a demo of the wraith in the engine. Showing the bad controls and what happens if you try to land in a hangar right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsR8yMcDSso
    Last edited by Robear; 12-15-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Wraiths can hover, so they probably have some sort of basic gravity propulsion or maneuvering jets. Valkyries make more sense hovering with the SC2 Design as the engines rotate.

Edit: About Liberators, several of the quotes refer to having multiple crew members.
    Last edited by Nolanstar; 12-23-2015 at 12:35 AM.

Will u ever do Hybrid Dominator and Hybrid Behemoth ? I hate so much Behemoths on coop... Fuckton of HP, armor and even an AoE lifesteal...