Page 12 of 131 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit Pictures

Default Re: Unit Pictures

Yay, LoA likes me.

And, yeah, I'll definitely be modifying the windows, if not taking most of them out. They're a good way for me to easily add detail, but their scale is probably off, so I won't be able to get them right until I have the battlecruisers in— they're the only big units that I'll be reasonably sure about. I'm thinking about something like this (which makes the current windows too small):

...with the battlecruiser and old Gantrithor carrier being a bit bigger. And I'm figuring an Arbiter is a tiny bit smaller than that void ray.

Nice artwork. Personally would have thought the void ray was a bit bigger though, but I guess a lot of it is subjective.

For what it's worth, the Gantrithor should indeed be bigger, since it's a super carrier. And Arbiters are definately tiny, as they can fit in a carrier's hangers.

How did you determine the size of the Void Ray? And this carrier? Where do the Hyperion and Gantrithor-type carriers from the Return to Aiur cinematic fit in?

EDIT Also, Ultralisks.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 01-25-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

I'm going to be completely and utterly guessing for the void ray, and just making the SC2 carrier a bit smaller than the BW one and the battlecruiser. All of the massive air units will be much more made up, compared to the accuracy of the infantry. So, I should really just hold off on them 'til I finish the ground units.

Back in the realm of knowledge, here's the stalker— basically sized based on the head sticking out, and so the dragoon and immortal will be a bit wider. It's tall, but still fairly fragile.

Last edited by Robear; 01-25-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    EDIT Also, Ultralisks.
    +1 Oh God yes!

Due to the varying size of how Ultralisks have been presented in the past, I'll be itching to see what your take on them are, Robear.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Okay, fine. >_>

You know, it would be awesome if the model switched from the first to the second when you got the chitinous plating upgrade.

I wish the SC2 ultralisk wasn't so big, but in that Heart of the Swarm cinematic it looks like it should be even bigger.
    Last edited by Robear; 01-27-2012 at 05:39 PM.

ultralisk old was 5 m in height

Makes me wonder how large Overlords are. We have a variety of Ultralisks. Can they be expected to ferry Kerrigan's breed? I don't think we have any canon examples of their size.

Looking great, Robear. I'm glad you distinguished the two breeds of Ultralisk so.

I'm also looking forward to your Thor.

Okay, fine. >_>
    Haha, this is one of the things being an artist will get you: everyone wants you to draw their picture.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    ultralisk old was 5 m in height
    The same source (a role-playing game not made by Blizzard) also says they were 20m in length. None of Blizzard's ultralisks are 4 times as long as they are tall, so... I kind of don't see them as credible. Mine is both taller than it's supposed to be and less long than it's supposed to be.

I went down a bit, and now it looks pretty much like SC1's gameplay, compared to units like the archon and tank. Any smaller and it won't be very imposing, especially next to the ridiculous SC2 ultra.

There's no way SC2's could fit inside an overlord, an SC2 ultralisk is bigger than SCG's overlord. I'll make my overlord a bit bigger, and then we'll assume the carapace stretches a bit wider with the ventral sacs upgrade. Maybe the SC2 ultralisk is carried between the overlord's legs, instead of inside.
    Last edited by Robear; 01-27-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robear View Post
    I went down a bit, and now it looks pretty much like SC1's gameplay...
    I thought you were going for a "realistic" take on the unit sizes. (I'm kidding)

The disparity of size between the two versions are quite distinct now - makes me think of the SC2 Ultra being a mutated version of the original Ultra similar to the Devourer form being a mutated form of the Mutalisk.

Guess it makes sense considering that the Overlord in BW could fit two Ultras whereas in SC2 it fits one. Your Overlord will be interesting...
    Last edited by Turalyon; 01-27-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.