Page 111 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1311

Thread: Unit Pictures

Default Re: Unit Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Robear View Post
    I'm not too sure about your placement of Mengsk's office into the wide shot of his palace though. In fact, since the palace is symmetrical, so I'm pretty sure the area you identified as having his window actually looks like this, and isn't his office at all.
    His windows are not opaque, and are colored black, only having a slight reflection. Given the scale of the windows of the walls we see gunfire flashes through, we can't really get closer to see them in much detail

The high resolution only further cements my idea where it's at due to the shape. There's a pointed outcropping above it and an outcropping below it in both close-up and wide shot.

Not to mention the location of where Korhal ' s sun is means his office has to be on that corner of the palace.

Note the 2 angled girder things sticking out from both circled areas.
    ...and?

His office can have those on top of it. We don't see them in the close up since it's out of panel.

I can check the scene after Kerrigan blows it up to look for it though.

The in-game model suggests that his office should be centered on one of the pyramid's faces, not along an outer edge. So, it looks like it's just not in this shot, it's probably higher up, where they just didn't bother modeling the top section because it would be out of the frame.
    That placement does not fit with the cinematics view of the city from his office, the general shape of the office, the location of Kerrigan and the direction she was heading through the palace, and finally the location of the setting sun.

Besides, how do you know that central placement is his office? It's prominence on the model isn't any indicator of that.

Not to mention the other inconsistencies between in game and in cinematic models.

I admit that the fact you can't see any of the pyramid's structure out of the windows in the cinematic makes the location of the in game model unlikely.

But it just doesn't seem to me like he wouldn't have his office centered. Do you think the sun position still works with it in the middle somewhere? The office would have to be at the very top of the pyramid to get the unobstructed views, though.

- - - Updated - - -

I admit that the fact you can't see any of the pyramid's structure out of the windows in the cinematic makes the location of the in game model unlikely.

But it just doesn't seem to me like he wouldn't have his office centered. Do you think the sun position still works with it in the middle somewhere? The office would have to be at the very top of the pyramid to get the unobstructed views, though.

But it just doesn't seem to me like he wouldn't have his office centered. Do you think the sun position still works with it in the middle somewhere? The office would have to be at the very top of the pyramid to get
    Well, it can't work in the middle.

Mainly because of where Kerrigan is headed.

The gunfire flashes we see in the wide shot tell us where Kerrigan is at during her fight.

The lack of side windows on the only wall we can see inside the palace fight with the viking tell us the direction everyone is facing.

She's headed towards the point on the end of that side of the palace, away from the center.

Besides, this is just his office. His throne room could be more in the center.

I found the instruction guide to the old Academy 1/30 Hydralisk model.

It gives some stats for you to work with Robear.

I love those old model kits— wish they had ended up releasing the Zealot one, too...

It's interesting that they gave a range from 2.5 to 3.5m for height, and 3960 to 7720 lbs for weight. That's quite a range, though it does explain the size variance we used to see in that design. This guy was more like 4m though, heh.
    I also like how the quality of the English suddenly drops when they switch from the manual blurb to original info. :P
    Speed is a really cool stat to give.

Do you have a copy of the marine's manual? Does it list the speed of CMC armor? A couple of the books describe them going super fast just because of them giving the wearer long legs and super stamina.

I also like how the quality of the English suddenly drops when they switch from the manual blurb to original info. :P
    Well, it was distributed mainly in South Korea.

Do you have a copy of the marine's manual? Does it list the speed of CMC armor? A couple of the books describe them going super fast just because of them giving the wearer long legs and super stamina.
    Unfortunately no.

I'm trying to track it down, and only came across the Hydralisk today.

All I've got is that one picture some guy took of it.

lol... I sort of found it. Obviously the guy was taking a picture of the model rather than the instructions, though.

Average speed: 16mph. Top speed: 22mph. So, not superhuman as far as records go, but quite good considering they weigh 2400 lbs! The other info looks neat too, something about FLEXON resin and some AI stuff. Let me know if you find it!

(That model was pretty good, but I always thought it was a little funny that they got the shape of the collar armor wrong when a render of Blizzard's model was right on the front of the box.)
    Last edited by Robear; 04-29-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Average speed: 16mph. Top speed: 22mph. So, not superhuman as far as records go, but quite good considering they weigh 2400 lbs!
    Yeah.

It's pretty funny in comparison to what that one Protoss Zealot does in Cold Symmetry, with him running 5/6s of the circumference of Saalok, Aiur's Moon.

Given he does it within half an Aiur day, and an Aiur day is 24 hours going by the Dark Templar Saga...

Well, let's just that Zealots can run at supersonic speeds going by that.

Hey, Robear, do you think the Daelaam Ark in "Enemy Within" is one of the shuttles from "Shoot the Messenger?"

Here's a comparison:

If so, will that impact its size on the chart? Or did you already assume/know that?

I just noticed it myself.

I think it is, the similarities between the bridge hologram on the ark and the shuttle model are less than some other model differences for the same unit. Besides, the docking bay description says it houses "Specialized Ark Shuttles".