Page 102 of 131 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1305

Thread: Unit Pictures

Default Re: Unit Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Nolanstar View Post
    Robear what do you think of the new LOTV units.
    Mostly fine. Lore-wise, I like the Ravager, I don't really like the Cyclone so much (because it seems like a robotic unit, and it moves so fast. imo the fast-moving, maneuverable terran units [vultures, reapers, hellions] should be piloted by crazy daredevils who are risking their lives driving so unsafely. Even though controlling those sorts of things remotely makes sense, I just like the idea of terran robotic units being slower and clunkier). The Herc is great, a big and clunky space suit with a grappling gun/tether seems like exactly the sort of thing some illegal terran salvager crew would have cooked up as a nonmilitary derelict space-salvage version of marine armor.

The Disruptor is whatever. Makes sense that they'd have a more efficient way of delivering explosions than having to make a scarab for each one. The model is just recycled from HotS' Replicant, I'm glad they found a use for it.

I'm more excited for the new campaign units... and the new information the campaign will give about the old units!

They show the Hyperion model alongside a bunch of Minotaur battlecruisers again! I think I will upgrade my Hyperion to Shadow Archon's size for it, it definitely looks significantly bigger than them based on this. (Which also means my Leviathan should get bigger too...)

Also, story-mode models of pylons (above), stalkers, colossi, void rays (which are much smaller than mine, which I figured was coming). And the hybrid reaver is in a cutscene.

The biggest thing (literally) is the Spear of Adun. Yesterday, when I first saw it, I thought it was a bit strange conceptually, because the way they described it made it sound like something the Mothership could have been used for. But then in the panel I watched today, they mentioned that it's large enough to "contain carriers, even motherships." So, okay then.

I like that finally they're not shying away from (at least pretending to have) a fixed scale for it, showing which part of it contains the bridge, etc. Also, look! They show it from above alongside little tiny minotaur battlecruisers.

So, uh, it's gonna be like 5 to 10 times larger than the Leviathan. Of course, a lot of that is empty space, but still. Crazy big. Protoss reclaim their place as having the biggest ships around. Damn.

Edit: Here're the terran capital ships with the Hyperion scaled to ~1km in keeping with Shadow Archon's figures. Also, the Behemoth battlecruiser drawing has been overlaid with my 3D model to make it a bit better. Might still have to clean up some of the edges.

Last edited by Robear; 11-08-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBear
    (Which also means my Leviathan should get bigger too...)
    That's what she said.

That is my only contribution... but I am totally psyched for LotV!!
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

I get out of here until LotV release, too spoilers ... I will post some ninja posts

I think you should make the gorgon slightly bigger as well, It can take a battlecruiser crashing into it and 2 yamato hits, and is about 3.5x longer than in-game minotaur.

A 30-40% size increase should be in order.

EDIT:
    After looking at the campaign mission map, including the hologram on the bridge, I think its safe to say the daelem ark and the kaldir shuttles are the same, especially when the DESCRIPTION for the docking bays says "houses specially designed ARK SHUTTLES for warp-conduit travel" Several aspects are the same, the general shape, the cockpit and engine sizes/placements and the hologram is essentially a mix between the 2 designs.
    Last edited by Nolanstar; 11-15-2014 at 02:32 AM.

FYI Robear, according to the latest Protoss technology update, Colossi are some 17 stories tall.
    Aaand sold.

Where does it say that? The NA server just says towering.

Right here.

The Colossus, standing at over 17 stories tall, is a skyscraper of destruction.
    Aaand sold.

Woah, that's awesome! My colossus is about 63 meters tall. If you assume 1 story = 12 feet, 17 stories = 204 feet = 62 meters. Which was totally my guess! Well, our collective guess, in this thread. I forget what original size I had it at, but it changed a few times.

(Of course, 'story' isn't an exact unit of measurement, looking on the internet I get answers saying a story is anywhere from 10 feet to 16, but, close enough.) We'll see if the LotV model matches up, but I'm feeling pretty good.

It's quite possible they took your measurements actually - I remember Phill Gonzales (a Blizz artist) saying that (paraphrased) "we're big fans of [Robear's] work." Think it was on Deviantart.

It wouldn't be the first time either - stuff I wrote for Augustgrad on the wiki was basically taken verbatim for Spectres for instance.

It wouldn't be the first time either - stuff I wrote for Augustgrad on the wiki was basically taken verbatim for Spectres for instance.
    For truth? Like what?
    Aaand sold.