Page 113 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1312

Thread: Unit Pictures

Default Re: Unit Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Robear View Post
    True, but againó that was Samwise's preference!

:P

Well, beyond that, checking the last mission again:

They do have the top done for the hi-res palace.

However, given where the sun is, I think the cinematic takes place on the other side of the palace we can't see here.

It does show that the palace isn't completely symmetrical with each other though.

You can see how busy the left slope is compared to the plain right one.

Personally I would place wanderer in the 100-110 meter range, that's the vibe I got from the ship in general

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I would place wanderer in the 100-110 meter range, that's the vibe I got from the ship in general

Robear, do you know the guy who worked on the HEV Commando Sniper Rifle in Starcraft 2?

Not the in-game one, I know PhilGonzo did that, the cutscene one from Card to Play cinematic?

I need to ask him about one of his textures that has some lore info on it.

I don't know who it was, sorry. But, I do know that the Sideshow Collectibles Raynor comes with one, and I've read in reviews that at least the armor comes with an incredible number of decals on every inch of it that I assume are sourced from the cinematic models. So, whatever it is about the texture that you want to know might be replicated on the figure. It might be easier to contact someone who owns one and get them to take some closeups for you than to get a response from Blizz.

Also since it's an official 1/6th scale figure with a given height of 15.5 inches, you can extrapolate some size info on the gun from there, if that's what you're after.

I don't know who it was, sorry. But, I do know that the Sideshow Collectibles Raynor comes with one, and I've read in reviews that at least the armor comes with an incredible number of decals on every inch of it that I assume are sourced from the cinematic models. So, whatever it is about the texture that you want to know might be replicated on the figure. It might be easier to contact someone who owns one and get them to take some closeups for you than to get a response from Blizz.
    Ah, I already have the texture in my computer and found the details.

I just wanted to ask some in-depth questions about the details themselves.

Also since it's an official 1/6th scale figure with a given height of 15.5 inches, you can extrapolate some size info on the gun from there, if that's what you're after.
    Ooh!

Thanks!

...That makes Raynor 2.3622 meters tall in his armor.

Welp, that changes a lot of calcs involving Terran Marines. I think my Drop-pod Battlecruiser scaling can be even bigger now...

...That makes Raynor 2.3622 meters tall in his armor.

Welp, that changes a lot of calcs involving Terran Marines. I think my Drop-pod Battlecruiser scaling can be even bigger now...
    Before you go off and modify all your estimates, I don't know if we should 100% trust that figure. Though they also give a number of 393.7mm, suggesting precision (even though that's just 15.5 inches converted to metric), the fact that it happened to work out so specifically to such a nice round number gives me pause. So, I decided to check how tall that 2.3622m figure would make the other human characters from the cutscenes:

So, if that's the height of a marine, Mengsk is 6'8," Hansen is 6'3," and Nova is 6'4." That's really very tall for a woman. I think it's much more likely that either Sideshow rounded up the statue's height from a more precise figure for convenience in their advertising, then converted the rounded up numbers to mm, or the statue is actually slightly larger than 1/6th scale, but they rounded it to 1/6th scale anyway. I doubt Blizzard intended for its characters to be quite so tall.

Edit: I just checked their Kerrigan figure, and it also has suspiciously round dimensions. Supposedly it's 25"x14"x10", but what are the odds that this sculpture just happened to fit those exactly?

Either they would have had to deliberately sculpt it to be an even size, or those dimensions are very rounded off, which I imagine is the case for both.

Anyway, you can still use it internally as a way to scale the rifle relative to the marine. Sorry I can't help with tracking down the original artist.
    Last edited by Robear; 05-07-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Before you go off and modify all your estimates, I don't know if we should 100% trust that figure. Though they also give a number of 393.7mm, suggesting precision (even though that's just 15.5 inches converted to metric), the fact that it happened to work out so specifically to such a nice round number gives me pause. So, I decided to check how tall that 2.3622m figure would make the other human characters from the cutscenes:

So, if that's the height of a marine, Mengsk is 6'8," Hansen is 6'3," and Nova is 6'4." That's really very tall for a woman. I think it's much more likely that either Sideshow rounded up the statue's height from a more precise figure for convenience in their advertising, then converted the rounded up numbers to mm, or the statue is actually slightly larger than 1/6th scale, but they rounded it to 1/6th scale anyway. I doubt Blizzard intended for its characters to be quite so tall.
    This isn't the only place where heights contradict though.

Hanson is 5'4"going by the cinematics.

But if you scale that way, it contradicts with previous Marine estimates.

The 1/30th Marine model is directly stated to be 2.13 meters for example, and that ends up with a Hanson that's 5'7".

There's other issues too. The marine CMC armor is stated to give someone an extra foot in height in the books and Tychus is 6 feet 7 inches without his armor, that would give him a height of ~2.3 meters in his armor...

...but Tychus is a head taller than Raynor here...

...but are the same height in 1/6th figure form.

I even think they are same height in armor on Char.

So, it's inconsistent all around.

I'm just going to take the figure and roll with it, and just note the inconsistency.

So, I found this texture hunting:

Stetmann is, going by his USB/name-tag texture, 6'4".

I see 5'4".

Quote Originally Posted by Nolanstar View Post
    I see 5'4".
    You don't see the line that makes the 5 a 6?

I have the same data for Hanson:

And you can clearly see the difference between the 5 here and the 6 in Stetmann's.