Thread: Another chat channel to look for games: op bgn

Default Another chat channel to look for games: op bgn

As many of you all know SC Legacy has its own bnet chat channel for those wanting to do customs or find some team games. However, as those who have been in the channel know it is not always full of people and it can often be hard to find others to play with if you only know about the sc legacy room. So I am here to announce a small collaboration between the communities of where, if you can not find games in the sc legacy channel, you are welcome to come to the op bgn channel on bnet. This is by no means a way of trying to get people to leave the sc legacy channel completely. When the SC Legacy admins were approached about this topic it was agreed that giving the community another way to access like minded fans so they have a broader base of people to enjoy this game with was a good idea.

We look forward to seeing you in the op bgn channel whenever you get a chance. We are happy to have the support of SC Legacy in our desire to give all of us in the community more avenues for game enjoyment. Sadly for all you Europeans this is just a NA channel right now. Can not wait to see you all there!!
    I realize that I change my signature often. All I can say to that is: SO??? HAI FIVE!! (*・∀・)/♡\(・∀・*)

If you like anyone's post, be sure to give them additional rep.

Default Re: Another chat channel to look for games: op bgn

I figured I'd throw this out there as well. There are two primary events that occur in the channel op BGN:

Second Saturday of Each Month - Blizzard Gaming Night
    This is our traditional casual gaming night. Show up any time after 8:00 PM EDT and just play a large variety of games with a varied group of players. We will be featuring a "featured map" each month that is generally a UMS of some sort. However, it's a very freelance gaming night. The next one is coming up on September 10th.

Last Saturday of Each Month - The BGN Tournament Series
    During the last Saturday of each month starting at 8:30 PM EDT(signups), we host a double elimination tournament open for all players of all skills. You earn points by just playing and the top eight players at the end of each "season" (this upcoming one in December) qualify for a single elim tournament where the winners earn $50 and these games will likely be streamed. Next tournament is September 24th.

If you have any comments or thoughts about what we should host at BGN or any ideas of how we could get you online participating either through SC:L or through this home. Please, please, please let me know! We're doing these events solely for y'all to benefit from. If you want more lengthy details, you can check out http://www.opbgn.com.

I think we need to get a SC:L Staff Tournament going just to entertain the masses!! :P

Hope to see you on B.Net. You can always add me: TheCrumb 781

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

@OP: You should have tip-toed more. With all of that blatant disrespect for SCL, you're bound to offend someone.

</sarcasm>

Carry on.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

After his streams, Trump often joins people in his channel in an obs map - great opportunity to play him, plus a room full of walled-in, screaming Terrans - if interested, his channel is just, "Trump"

There's some Zerg guys too... :-)
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Duckyyy's Avatar Junior Member

You the same BGN that runs the eleventy billion hosting bots on war3 ? If so, please dont ruin sc2 like you did war3, all your bots do is kill the game quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyyy View Post
    You the same BGN that runs the eleventy billion hosting bots on war3 ? If so, please dont ruin sc2 like you did war3, all your bots do is kill the game quicker.
    No, not even close to that. We never really did much with WarCraft 3 at all. It's a group that formed during my time that I ran the strategy section here at StarCraft Legacy a few years back. That's part of the reason I find it so ironic that Silencbank was being attacked for helping to try to get this particular channel some more attention, as it would benefit it's members and provide another venue for the site. Plus, it's a former SC:L staff member who is trying to get people from SC:L involved with it.

I don't believe in those hosting bots and that type of ridiculous crap.