Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diablo 3 Auction House Announced - Spend and Earn Real Life Money

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: Diablo 3 Auction House Announced - Spend and Earn Real Life Money

This has got to be a joke.

If not, then I hope Blizzard goes ass-up under financially and doesn't put out anymore products so that how ever many of these sad "sonzzz of bichszzzess" can hopefully start getting a life.

Also, I'm sooo glad somebody finally spoke up and made it known that StarCraft II is "over-balancszzzed". They really need to nerf the balance because the balancing is crazy. Waaaaaay too overly balanced. We need less balance.

Dude looks like me if I was anorexic.
    For what its worth, I LMFAO'd.

OOOHH THANK GOD HALLELEUJAH!!!

It was a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1QvN...ure=grec_index
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 08-12-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

If you listen carefully, TF, he says Terran specifically is over-balanced, not the game as a whole. He means Terran's OP.

Yes, I know. I was commenting on the "over-balanced" part. I know what he meant, but he said it wrong, which was funny to me. When you say a particular race is OP, you're basically saying the game is imbalanced. If you say Terran is over-balanced, then you're making a comment on the overall balancing as well by saying that they spend too much time on Terran. Emphasizing his statement the way I did worked better to illustrate my "joke" by being more specific without being misleading or changing his statement. Taken literally, he's saying that they spend too much time on Terran and over-balance them. Hence, I made a joke about the game needing to be less balanced.

Ohhh yeah, and, OMOFGMOFMGOFGMOFGOFMGOFMG STOP FOLLOWING ME!! WRAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 08-13-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Am I the only one here who agrees with LoA and at the same time simply doesn't give a fuck?

Buying items for real world currency would have happened regardless. Although, with the AH, it will be much more accessible.

For me, Diablo has always been about the leveling, the skills and the items. I've never been at the point where I had all the best items in D2, but I guess the game becomes kind of boring at that stage.
    The same thing will probably apply ( to some degree! ) in Diablo 3.

As for PvP, matchmaking will make sure that you will go up against people with equally equipped and leveled characters ( Same applies for PvE, from what I've read ). So, it won't become P2Win.

Overall, after reading the arguments of the Blizzard community manager, Bashiok, I'm convinced that this will turn out well.

I'm really disgusted about the fact that you have to be online to play though. Don't have much more to say about that.

EDIT: Also, 90% of the people who say they boycott this game, will probably end up buying it.
    Last edited by Peanutbutter; 08-13-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

I'm in the same boat as PB. RMAH doesn't bother me, it was going to happen with 3rd parties anyway. I'm more annoyed with the always online crap. No LAN has seriously hurt SC2. You think Blizzard would have learned by now.

Am I the only one here who agrees with LoA and at the same time simply doesn't give a fuck?
    No, I'd say like many Blizzard controversies, most people are in agreement but the vocal minority rant and rave all over the internet, giving the impression that more people hate the idea than actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Dude looks like me if I was anorexic.
    That's the greatest thing I've read in a while. I needed that! Thanks!!