Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Default Game of Thrones

Anyone followed the series? If not, I highly suggest that you go check it out NOW. The first season final aired yesterday and I can tell you it was pretty epic! Normally I'm not a tv guy (only recent show I watched was the walking dead which was decent apart from the science stuff that made me lol) but game of thrones got me hooked easily. Hell I'm so into it now that I bought all 4 books today(and plan on reading them this week)!

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Game of Thrones

I've read the books before, and I was so frickin pumped that they decided to make a TV series out of it. One of the best series i've ever read/watched, next to Wheel of Time. This show has plenty of violence and sex around every corner. A must-watch.

Hidden Content:
    Finale was cool. As some guy said in the TL thread, what better way to finish off the season than dragons & titties?

We need George R.R. Martin to write the rest of the SC2 campaigns. Can you imagine? No artifacts, crystals, or prophecies? A character driven storyline? My god. o.o
    Last edited by Gradius; 07-06-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    We need George R.R. Martin to write the rest of the SC2 campaigns. Can you imagine? No artifacts, crystals, or prophecies? A character driven storyline? My god. o.o
    This! He'd probably behead Raynor though

for a show to be character driven is all well and good, but i like a show with some propper depth to it. frankly, i dont expect that from a fantasy series... its like, as soon as something vaguely relatable happens that makes sence in a good way, along comes some arbitrary magic shit to fuck it up...

... i havnt tried watching this series yet. so tell me im wrong.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Todie View Post
    for a show to be character driven is all well and good, but i like a show with some propper depth to it. frankly, i dont expect that from a fantasy series... its like, as soon as something vaguely relatable happens that makes sence in a good way, along comes some arbitrary magic shit to fuck it up...

You are wrong.

Watch it, or even better read the books (to which the show doesn't do justice in my opinion, well made as it is for a TV production).

Overall, I'm thoroughly enjoying this show. I was a bit skeptic of how it would turn out, but I can say with certainty that it lives up to the books. I can't stress enough, how great the various actors portrayal of the books characters are.

Certainly my favorite TV series of all time.

I was a tiny bit disappointed with the season finale though. It all felt so much more... epic in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Todie View Post

You are so terribly wrong. : )

There might be a few very minor spoilers here.

First of all, even though this is a fantasy series, it's nothing akin to LotR, Narnia, Eragon etc. There are no orc's and elves. There's maybe a few reference's to something slightly akin to magic. You might hear about something undead creatures, and mentions of dragons, but nothing like wizards throwing fireballs and frogs turning into hot chicks. And it really plays a rather minor part in the story, until much later on.
    The story in the first book and season, feels pretty realistic, in terms of whether this could've happened in our world or not. Aside from a few things of course : )

I was a bit skeptic, when i read that one of the main points in the story was character development, but when watching the series, you certainly get a feeling of how interesting it is, and how big a part it plays. And this feeling is magnified tenfold when reading the books.

Overall, you ( and anyone with just a slight hint of interest ) should definitely give the series ( and books!!! ) a chance. It has great depth, and a great storyline that only gets better as the story progresses.

Please watch the first few episodes, or even better, read the first few chapters in the book. You certainly won't regret it!

Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

A character driven storyline?
    What's funny is that Blizzard thinks SC2 IS character driven

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Yeah GoT is character driven, and it is pretty decent for a male-centered audience.

Edit: Wait what did I just say? I mean a show that caters to a male audience. Or maybe not.

Regardless, I approve of this show.

Can't wait what happens now that the dragons have returned, well, hatchlings.
    Last edited by GnaReffotsirk; 06-21-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Banned

it's a pretty awesome show... but i still think lost was the best show of all time

Quote Originally Posted by mollyfranken View Post
    it's a pretty awesome show... but i still think lost was the best show of all time
    The show was about nothing. It was sci-fi Seinfeld. It was good, but not the best.