Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legacy Observer Podcast - Questions and Feedback thread

Default Legacy Observer Podcast - Questions and Feedback thread

Hello all, Gifted here.

As you may have noticed from the frontpage, we're setting up a first podcast on the Legacy Observer involving people who were at the Heart of the Swarm reveal event and other casters from our staff. A big push that we're looking at for this podcast is community interaction, such as good questions or statements from the chatroom being a possible driving force of the conversation. And while we here at SC:Legacy strive to bring you the most professional coverage we can provide on the frontpage, the podcast will be a nice place to simply relax and let us show a bit more of our human side.

While that is all well and good, a good practice is to gather community questions beforehand and pick some prime questions as well. Feel free to ask any questions here regarding HOTS, or any other subject that comes to mind. It may turn out to be a focal point of discussion or debate on the podcast.

I'm also looking for people who are responcible who might be willing to help out with the podcast if I need it. If you are willing to assist in any form, be it graphical support, moderating the chat channel, etc. Please say your thoughts here as well.

I look forward to chatting with you guys come next Friday
    Last edited by Gifted; 06-17-2011 at 08:52 PM.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Default Re: Legacy Observer Podcast - Questions and Feedback thread

This sounds like a great idea, I am glad you all are doing this. Here are a few of the questions I have thought of for you all. Sorry, I do not have many single player questions that were not answered in the community interview that was posted on YouTube.

Single Player Questions (no particular order)
    1. For the people who went there, what was their thought of the missions that they played (fun? replay-ability? fit the story? etc.) Any thoughts they had from the little bit that they saw.
    2. (Perhaps an "ending" question for the HotS specific segment) Where do you want/think the story to/will go for HotS? (pure speculation)

General Questions (no particular order)
    1. Will there by more podcasts/streams from SC:L or is this a specific one time thing?
    2. Any new projects you all are planning that you are allowed to tell us without having to Neuralize us?
    3. What are you looking forward to the most in the future of SC2 aside from the single player campaigns?
    4. Can Sahara PLEASE NOT take off his shirt or insert things in places as he said he would in his video?

That is all I can think of right now because my brain is too tired to think 100% correctly. I will be in the chat that day asking questions if any come to mind, someone may say something that I want to delve into more deeply after all. If you need more moderators for your chat channel I can help out. I already mod another JTV chat channel so I know the commands and how to keep trolls at bay. Either way I will see you next Friday at 9pm Central. Good Luck SC:L Staff, may you pillage nerds and take their ladder points for your own.
    I realize that I change my signature often. All I can say to that is: SO??? HAI FIVE!! (*・∀・)/♡\(・∀・*)

If you like anyone's post, be sure to give them additional rep.

Many people, myself included dont care to dwell too much on the single-player content, especially as half the joy is in actually discovering it when playing.. so lets get crazy and discuss the prospects of MP HotS

... i know you guys woh were there may not know more than we do on this, but you mgiht have a feel for it. and opinions!

Question: It appears Blizzard is viewing their relative openness of the alpha process for WoL as a misstake, or choose to be more secretive about it for some other reason; ive heard they're not sharing the MP units until they are actually "sure" these units will make it through, Do you know more about this? do you think its the right call? why / why not? (personally im quite disappointed in this beasue it kills any pre-release theory-crafting about what fits and what doesnt, that we had going here for WoL in such a nice way)
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by silencbank View Post
    General Questions (no particular order)
    1. Will there by more podcasts/streams from SC:L or is this a specific one time thing?
    2. Any new projects you all are planning that you are allowed to tell us without having to Neuralize us?
    3. What are you looking forward to the most in the future of SC2 aside from the single player campaigns?
    4. Can Sahara PLEASE NOT take off his shirt or insert things in places as he said he would in his video?
    These are questions I'm able to answer here I believe.

1. We will be looking at doing future podcasts, though they may be in a slightly different form as we consider feedback.
    2. Well, there are a few projects in the works.. there always is. I'm sorry, but no joke, I'm under NDA as part of the staff and can't reveal them. LoA can though.. but we know how easy it is pulling information from his lips. ^_^
    3. This is a question I'll consider for the podcast.
    4. I'd love to ask, but I almost think that asking him not to may entice him more so to do it. ^_^

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Does anybody know if blizz is intending, in HotS, to have the patch changes (balance changes specifically) apply to the campaign? I have noticed that during the patches that none of the changes have been applied. If this is not the sort of question that will be asked at this podcast, I am content to wait until an interview with a blizz rep becomes available.
    That was not good for it

This is the style of questions we're looking for. Do we have the answer? Don't know til it happens. (I wasn't there in particular, I'm just taking note of the questions for the podcast)

Will you guys touch on the missions, how they played and how they "feel" in comparison to the missions in WoL?

Will you also post a text summary of the podcast? Blizzard did their own StarCraft II podcasts, and other than the first one, I found it a lot easier to read their text summaries.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    Will you also post a text summary of the podcast? Blizzard did their own StarCraft II podcasts, and other than the first one, I found it a lot easier to read their text summaries.
    Well... as much as I would like to aspire to do this, it would mean literally hours of work every week we do this.

While this may involve staff of StarCraft: Legacy, Legacy Observer is more or less my project. It's a lot of work for one man to do and on average a 1 hour podcast can take 5+ hours to transcribe often enough in a very structured format. This podcast will be a lot less structured due to it's open ended community driven format.

If we had volunteers who would like to assist, I'd be willing to consider it, but at this time I don't know if it'd be something on the agenda. I'll take it into consideration for this one, though if it were done, it'd be a very "barebones" transcription with times so you can hear the full answer.

Short answer: I wasn't planning on it cause it's a pain in the arse... but I might compromise on a simpler version which involves lookup to see how it goes.

On the issue of balancing....
    1) What do you guys feel is the most balanced of the races. (excluding random :0)
    2) What do you guys feel is the race that needs the most work.
    3) What unit would you like to see return from the original.
    4) What unit would you like to axe from WoL.

Campaign....
    1) Was your starcraft fix satisfied in this installment?
    2) Did you find the choice in the missions took the excitement away? Or made it hard on the lore?
    3) What is your opinion on lost viking? Have you beaten it?

Multiplayer...
    1) Why do most pros only play multiplayer?
    2) Why choose random?
    3) Do you think replays should be shared over B.net instead of you finding them online, or at least be able for other people to watch your replay with you?
    4) What is the best way (to counter) to deal with castors (Ghosts, Infestors, High Templar)? Why?

Other...
    1) Did you Buy Digital Copy or Physical copy? Why?
    2) Do you like the merged single and multiplayer interface?
    3) How will the pros be forced to change to the expansions, if at all? Will they keep their ladder ranks?