Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Karune's back.

Default Re: Karune's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
    Well, I'm not really sure what the purpose of the Roach is at this point. And I don't know how burrowed movement helps it. I'd prefer just a general Tier 2 upgrade that lets all Zerg units have burrowed movement.
    now now lets not go over board, I don't want to HAVE to make mass detectors for every time I fight Zerg.
    Sonic: [dressed as a cop] Let me speak to the driver.
    Grounder: I'm not driving. He is!
    Scratch: No I'm not.
    Sonic: Driving without a driver? Now you're really in for it.

Sonic: You know? I sure have fun.

Well, I'm not really sure what the purpose of the Roach is at this point. And I don't know how burrowed movement helps it. I'd prefer just a general Tier 2 upgrade that lets all Zerg units have burrowed movement.
    Entire cloaked armies of Zerg? Daymn.

The Roach is a joke in its current state, and the solutions being implemented are disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Entire cloaked armies of Zerg? Daymn.

The Roach is a joke in its current state, and the solutions being implemented are disgraceful.
    I think the fact that it is built after Hydras make it feel weird, I think it should be tier 1.5 and Hydras 2. Other than that I love the Roach and now that it can move while burrowed, makes me very happy, probably my second favorite unit!
    Sonic: [dressed as a cop] Let me speak to the driver.
    Grounder: I'm not driving. He is!
    Scratch: No I'm not.
    Sonic: Driving without a driver? Now you're really in for it.

Sonic: You know? I sure have fun.

ALL Zerg units? :s

Well, heck then we could just forget the Nydus Worm.

Smile Re: Karune's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    So a unit that's intended as a tank can now... avoid taking damage...?

I really don't like this idea at all. The Roach was fine before.
    I'm not sure if I like it either although it might be interesting if it's coupled with burrowed regeneration. That way you can move your regenerating roach and attack from a different location with full health. Plus, not knowing if tanking units are there or not might be intimidating. Kind of like Ultralisks being able to burrow.

Being able to pop up potentially anywhere with burrow movement lets you flank and ambush like stalkers and reapers can. Zerglings are fast but they can get targetted and picked off. If you had roaches under the enemy, pop up to start taking hits, then have zerglings come in, you can be dealing a lot more damage.

Right now, Roaches don't always get targetted because they're not melee units.

For Fun's Sake because usually I hate making pointless suggestions...

But if the lurker kept this ability, i'd really like to see Roaches be able to morph into Lurkers. That could be a pretty nasty combo and it would almost make sense physically (the claws that roaches use to dig underground turn into spines that can attack underground). You could make the morph really quick, or possibly even underground. That would be cool... at least on paper.
    Last edited by Dsceptor; 08-31-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsceptor View Post
    For Fun's Sake because usually I hate making pointless suggestions...

But if the lurker kept this ability, i'd really like to see Roaches be able to morph into Lurkers. That could be a pretty nasty combo and it would almost make sense physically (the claws that roaches use to dig underground turn into spines that can attack underground). That would be cool... at least on paper.
    That is ridiculous. Inserting new evolutions into an establish tree is absurd. If anything the Roach should evolve from the Hydralisk as an alternate evolution to the Lurker.

Ah yes, fun suggestion instantly becomes ridiculed. Why am I bothering to defend my "fun" suggestion? I don't know.

I don't see how this is much different than moving Broodlords to Corruptors from Mutalisks. I only thought of it because there is synergy between underground pathing and underground attacking, the two models actually look rather similar, and it from a physical standpoint of view, the tools are there.

There, now I await my criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsceptor View Post
    Ah yes, fun suggestion instantly becomes ridiculed. Why am I bothering to defend my "fun" suggestion? I don't know.

I don't see how this is much different than moving Broodlords to Corruptors from Mutalisks. I only thought of it because there is synergy between underground pathing and underground attacking, the two models actually look rather similar, and it from a physical standpoint of view, the tools are there.

There, now I await my criticism.
    Its OK (although still retarded and devoid of logic) to make the Corruptor morph into the Brood Lord, because both units are new and have no set lore. If the Brood Lord was still called the Guardian, THAN it would be unacceptable.

Hydra > Lurker = Good
    Roach > Lurker = Bad
    Ultra > Uberlisk = Good
    Roach > Ultra = Bad
    Zergling > Baneling = Good
    Zergling > Hydralisk = Bad

Follow now?