Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Karune's back.

Exclamation HEY!!! Karune is back.

UPDATED -- more blues

Source: Monthly Fee b.net 2.0?!
    http://starcraft2.pro/really-bad-news-about-battle-net

Blizzard; Is this true?

Is B.net 2.0 free of charge? And the only charges is for extra features that is not really necassary... or is that site telling the truth?
    As mentioned before, players will be able to use Battle.net for free when they purchase the full version of StarCraft II. There have been no changes to this.
    More of that careful wording. Can you please clarify? If Blizz doesn't think you "purchased the full version of StarCraft II" (however you determine that - how you determine it is another question you can consider asked), what happens? Can you still play single player? Obviously you can't play b.net for free, but can you play it with a monthly or one-time fee? Or are you entirely locked out until Blizz thinks you really did purchase SC2?
    Also, "full version" just means "what you buy after release, either as a retail DVD or any authorized online download locations" (i.e. "not alpha, beta, or demo"), right? Or is there some more complex thing I'm missing?
    lol- here is one simple scenario:

When you buy StarCraft II from the store, you will be able to play on Battle.net for free. This is not a temporary trial of Battle.net.

Not purchasing the full version would include any illegal method of attaining software. In that case, you would not be able to get on Battle.net.
    Source: High Templar
    Just a direct question: Did the HT get back that Phase Shift ability at BlizzCon or does he have now the other ability like a small time bomb?

The High Templar currently has the Phase Shift ability in addition to Psi Storm and Archon merge. The Phase Shift ability is a single target banish ability and it looks like the design team is pretty happy with these abilities until beta starts. At that point, I think anything is possible for changes.

Holy @#@@. Welcome back.

How was your Blizzcon experience?

BlizzCon was a lot of fun as it always has been each year. Always great to see so many fans out and some epic tournament battles in all franchises. Got a chance to chat with Robert Clotworthy and Tricia Helfer and they will be a great duo for StarCraft II. Both are very excited about the development of the StarCraft storyline.
    Source: A few B.net 2.0/editor questions for blue~
    I watched the live stream for b.net 2.0, and some of the questions after the presentation lead me to ask a few more.

Will there be an ability to add stat tracking for custom maps both free and premium? Such as personalized ladders for maps and their updates perhaps?

Will a premium map need to have a specific set of requirements to become a premium map? IE. must have unique models.

Do you think it would be possible to make a 2d fighter such as Street fighter with the editor? I know you guys are adding mouse look, but will you be able to add in things like combination inputs? Such as QCF (quarter circle forward) + A (punch) to make a hadouken? I imagine combination inputs could have a wide array of possibilities outside of my suggestion.
    Stat tracking and personalized ladders for maps will be possible, but may not be at launch of the game. Premium maps will have requirements, but those are still to be determined.

Sounds like you are going to make StarCraft Street Fighter...which you could definitely count on me downloading.
    Source: Question for Xordiah or Karune, Cavez.
    The Probe deals 2 damage? like every other worker right? cause I remember that when the Terran AI kicked my butt I started to harass with my Probes and I've noticed that Probes deal 2 damage and I was bit shocked.
    Can I get an confirm on this? Because I am not 100% sure.
    Probes attack for 5 damage.
    Source: Karune: thoughts on zerg?
    So in the past I've heard Dustin saying that zerg were the weakest in-house. However, reading some write ups and what not that people have written from blizzon and noticing the voting from daily SC, I see a lot of people voting zerg as the most powerful.

So I wonder, in your opinion, has my favorite race made a comeback in terms of balance? I realize getting a few hours of play at Blizzcon is no way to make accurate balance judgements. Hence, I now ask you.

The balance in which the developers are referring to is very relative. 90% of players probably will not feel the game is unbalanced. At the higher levels, we are continuously trying to balance the game further, but most of that will happen during beta when we have a large pool of players to test the game.

In short, don't worry We'll get this thing balanced with the community's help as well.

Source: Karune: Roaches move while burrowing?
    There have been recent rumors on TL.net that the roach is now able to move while burrowed. Confirm/Deny?
    The development team is currently experimenting with Roaches that can move while burrowed. The Roach will also have a speed upgrade as well, which will make its base speed (close to a Zealot without charge) increase to a speed slightly slower than a Stalker. At the moment, Roaches while burrowed move roughly half the speed as it would above ground.

This new mechanic should open up some pretty cool micro strategies in positioning for the Roach, since essentially the best role it currently plays is as a tank, soaking up damage from the enemy.
    Last edited by n00bonicPlague; 08-31-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: more blues

Default Re: Karune's back.

Should have asked him Beta release date questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashed801 View Post
    Should have asked him Beta release date questions.
    Anyone who asks about beta deserves to be shot, or at least banned. They're not going to tell us shit, because they don't know. How the fuck would you liked to be asked the same question multiple times every day for two years by whiny 15 year olds? Have some goddamn respect.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Anyone who asks about beta deserves to be shot, or at least banned. They're not going to tell us shit, because they don't know. How the fuck would you liked to be asked the same question multiple times every day for two years by whiny 15 year olds? Have some goddamn respect.

Show some respect on this board by avoiding the words such as "F***"

Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I agree with DS about asking when beta is coming out because they really don't know, and they want to get it to us more than we want it ourselves, so it's really pointless to ask.

But really show some respect and self control when talking to people on the forums, I sure hope you don't lash out like that to people IRL when you hear something you don't like. Your comments were extremely rude.
    Sonic: [dressed as a cop] Let me speak to the driver.
    Grounder: I'm not driving. He is!
    Scratch: No I'm not.
    Sonic: Driving without a driver? Now you're really in for it.

Sonic: You know? I sure have fun.

I feel the tone of this forum has deteriorated recently. Civility and context is important. This is a computer gaming forum. Loss of self-control in this context is doubly embarrassing.

However, in fairness, it is frustrating to see redundant questions about when StarCraft II's Beta will launch or when the product will be released. The problem is that some forum members are dealing this with frustration inappropriately.

Updated with more posts from Karune.

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

so yeah I was wrong about the worker's damage, funny how I saw 2 damage
    http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...70375&sid=3000

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

I have yet to have any of my questions answered

LoTuS's Avatar Junior Member

Any info on how much premium maps will cost?