Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is Blizzard Customer support?

Default How is Blizzard Customer support?

Have you ever dealt with Blizzard CS (customer support)? I've only dealt with them during my very very brief time with WoW briefly and noticed they've only dealt with Email. How would you rate them? Bought Emprie Total War and the game wouldn't work on my perfectly fine PC that runs Crysis at Max Settings. Sega via very very slow email responses finally admitted to me that, "Yes, we recognized your problem, and only about 300 people have it, but those are small numbers compared to those that bought the game." So after offering a solution that didn't work Sega stopped replying to my emails all together. My requests to talk over the phone or by email to a manager were just totally ignored each time. I will NEVER buy another Sega game again and am pleading to you to do the same.

How is Blizzard's CS different?
    Last edited by Hamshank; 08-31-2009 at 05:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

GentleBen's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: How is Blizzard Customer support?

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Sega, but what does it have to do with Starcraft II??

I'm curious if Blizz has better support than when I last experienced it. Don't you see the similarities between the two companies. They want to do it via email.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

I have never had a bad experience with blizzard support.

Several Instances in WoW I have had things restored, dealing with reports against me, etc.

But ofc as with ALL support, it depends on the person you get

Blizzard has alot of resources to spend on support, so theirs is top notch IMO.

There are times though, that support "rules" can screw people over, ive seen it happen to many people...it just depends on whos on duty what occurs in most "report" situations. But on the RTS side of things blizzard dose take a long time to ban hackers in Warcraft 3, but they do ban tons at once when they do....I would like to see a increase of support in SC2 and I think they will have lots of GMs on duty for the new BNET.
    Last edited by Islandsnake; 08-31-2009 at 05:10 AM.
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

this one time, in band camp,

we had a sega arcade machine,

and i stuffed it up my ......

Last edited by mgcemir; 08-31-2009 at 05:57 AM.

Rigby's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hamshank View Post
    Have you ever dealt with Blizzard CS (customer support)? I've only dealt with them during my very very brief time with WoW briefly and noticed they've only dealt with Email. How would you rate them? Bought Emprie Total War and the game wouldn't work on my perfectly fine PC that runs Crysis at Max Settings. Sega via very very slow email responses finally admitted to me that, "Yes, we recognized your problem, and only about 300 people have it, but those are small numbers compared to those that bought the game." So after offering a solution that didn't work Sega stopped replying to my emails all together. My requests to talk over the phone or by email to a manager were just totally ignored each time. I will NEVER buy another Sega game again and am pleading to you to do the same.

How is Blizzard's CS different?
    Hi mate,

sorry to hear about your'e problem . I also have empire total war and i'm lucky its running on my pc . The problem is that there is a problem mostly with the nvidia drivers and also if you have a multi core proccessor. Another big problem with that game is that it has a memory leak and problems for many with using 64 bit OS. I suggest you go to one of their forums or to www.twcenter.net to look up some solutions.

This one for the explanation of the memory leak http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484

Also try to use a older nvidia driver . I'm using the 182 driver and havnt got any problems .

My experience with Blizzard is very good , they will try to help you until the problem is solved .

Hope that helps . If you could post your's specs of your's rig i can look up what your'e problem is to run empire .

Cheers Rigby

Maul's Avatar Member

WoW customer support is useless and will usually arrive too many hours too late.
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

Finally coming out of the great Abyss of Lurk to register and post...

Blizz CS has been improved massively thanks to WoW. At launch it was awful and Blizzard really struggled to keep up with the success of the game, but now I would think that it's world class. For a couple of examples, have you seen their tech support forums? Especially the Mac one; almost every post has a Blue reply.

In game support is pretty good too. Though not instant, if you're in a pickle you can expect help from a submitted, high-priority ticket within 20-40 minutes. Their item returning support is great too, no fuss at all most of the time.

So yeah, expect greatness with Battle.net 2.0, though perhaps not quite as good as WoW, because it won't be subscription based.

In terms of Blizzard support, I've worked with them on multiple cases.

In game wow has had good times and bad times in terms of response. When you put in a GM ticket, the wait could be 5 minutes or 6 hours... or 2 days during an expansion release. However, in light of the past 6 months, they've obviously been taking consistent feedback to reduce response times by utilizing a new interface, a searchabout "frequently asked questions" to reduce tickets. They've also put in an option to have a "non-respondible ticket" which reduces the line significantly for items like "reporting a non-rp name on an RP realm". They've also recently incorporated new changes to the core UI, such as the ability to temporarily change ownership of a recently required "bind of Pickup" items.. which was the most common thing in their queue. When speaking to a GM, I find that the majority of complaints are people requesting unrealistic results, or the long queue... It's nice to see evidence that they're taking effort to reduce the latter. I've been able to ask each in game GM at the end "what's your favorite pie" with a variety of hilarious answers... I can tell you that each GM response is a real person and not any scripts or robots.

Over the phone, the 4 times I decided to call for various reasons, were all pleasant and I ran into a person who was rather knowledgable. One went so far to chit chat about their expiriences getting into the position, speaking of their extended training to understand not only the issues they need to work on, but the basics of the game if they've never played it so they can understand the lingo and questions that might seem outlandish.

Overall I'd place their customer service being above average, but the wait times being a bit worse than average. I'd also consider their "improvement" techniques better than any other game and their phone staff to be the best of 5 companies I've called. I'm trying to provide a knowledgeable response.

EDIT: Digressing a bit, I find this an excellent thing to find out about as in a few of the panels, they referred to B.net 2.0 having GMs as well. So understanding the way existing GMs act might help build impressions about what the b.net GMs could be.
    Last edited by Gifted; 08-31-2009 at 08:41 AM.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

*Still waiting for Hamshank to get used to the "we now post in more than one forum" concept :P

Moved to off-topic.