Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit removals possible for HOTS

Default Re: Unit removals possible for HOTS

I simply think Phase Cannons should come back. I don't feel they'd infringe on Spine Crawlers if the movement mechanic was different enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I simply think Phase Cannons should come back. I don't feel they'd infringe on Spine Crawlers if the movement mechanic was different enough.
    How could blizz make it any more different? I'm not the most creative person, but I can't think of how one could make the photon cannon not step on the spine crawler's dick by enabling movement. I mean, the bunker can be salvaged and loaded with different units, the spine crawler can move and plant on creep and does extra damage to armored units, the photon cannon can hit all units and detect. I believe that an upgrade to the attack speed (maybe even a large upgrade at tier 3?) would make it different and more effective.

Wait, I've got the creative juices flowing, what about having the photon cannon also speed regen of the shields of nearby units/structures? Or it could be a directed regen akin to the shield generator in SC1? So it could be more than just a useful base defense, but be a beacon of hope during a siege. Naturally anything like that would have to be an upgrade, having cannons do that from the start would be absurd.
    Last edited by almostfamous; 06-13-2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: grammar
    That was not good for it

Quote Originally Posted by almostfamous View Post
    How could blizz make it any more different? I'm not the most creative person, but I can't think of how one could make the photon cannon not step on the spine crawler's dick by enabling movement. I mean, the bunker can be salvaged and loaded with different units, the spine crawler can move and plant on creep and does extra damage to armored units, the photon cannon can hit all units and detect. I believe that an upgrade to the attack speed (maybe even a large upgrade at tier 3?) would make it different and more effective.
    The original plan of making the cannon become a vulnerable, low hp floating orb would be fine. It could also create and traverse a wormhole over a several seconds, perhaps created by the Pylon creating the psi field, like the Motherships "recall."

Quote Originally Posted by mythology View Post
    of course there is the unit concept where they don't care if it works. "it's cool so lets put it in there!" approach. worry about balance later.

you gotta make pretty units. the reaper is ugly to me.

to add to the topic would you consider blizzard is willing to remove buildings as well as units? replacing buildings with new buildings that do new cool stuff.

for example. i love radar but it's not really necessary or needed. i get it just for the fun of having it but i can live without it.

photon cannons. in sc1 they were fun to cheese with, it's not so fun in sc2 anymore. if you could replace cannons with something else or add something to them to make them as advanced as bunkers and colonies, what would ya think up? what if they replaced them with dark templar cannons? maybe they could cloak later on in the game.

can't think of anything to talk about for zerg. nothing to remove. maybe add. can't think of anything atm.
    Actually as gimmicky Radar is..it's freaking awesome in both competitive 1's and team games.
    I love it as a T player, it forces where I want the enemy to go. I don't mind early "notice" either, especially with Mecha builds...it takes years to move your thors around...

I think it's fine and it serves its purpose to help augment Terran's slow-ass moving mecha army.
    Zerg have their nydus and protoss have warp in..I suppose our counter part is radar? Haha.
    Last edited by hyde; 06-13-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    The original plan of making the cannon become a vulnerable, low hp floating orb would be fine. It could also create and traverse a wormhole over a several seconds, perhaps created by the Pylon creating the psi field, like the Motherships "recall."
    eh, I like it, but it still feels to me like it would be a bit much like spine crawler's rooting abilities. plus, it would be a bit absurd to be able to build cannons at your base and essentially warp them into the front line pylon.
    That was not good for it

Quote Originally Posted by almostfamous View Post
    eh, I like it, but it still feels to me like it would be a bit much like spine crawler's rooting abilities. plus, it would be a bit absurd to be able to build cannons at your base and essentially warp them into the front line pylon.
    Well, again, they'd be extremely vulnerable while moving - maybe 40 HP - and the transfer would take up to 10 seconds.

Come on guys. Surely you can come up with something better then these ideas for the photon cannon. I mean you're just reusing the same idea. How about making the photon cannon like the prism towers from cnc red alert 2? Where photon cannons not in range can send their blasts along a network of photon cannons to make the photon cannons on the front line that much more powerful.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

I vote that the graphics for photon cannons are reworked to look like my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    I vote that the graphics for photon cannons are reworked to look like my avatar.
    ROFL +1 and +rep
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Photons Cannons shall now go by the nickname "Pac-Man."