Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the new Unit Evolutions.

Default Re: Thoughts on the new Unit Evolutions.

mmm..... infested zealots!

On the topic of infestation, do you guys think that there will be infested protoss bases at all during the next two campaigns? I admittedly was disappointed with not seeing even one infested pylon...
    That was not good for it

Quote Originally Posted by almostfamous View Post
    mmm..... infested zealots!

On the topic of infestation, do you guys think that there will be infested protoss bases at all during the next two campaigns? I admittedly was disappointed with not seeing even one infested pylon...
    Cool as that may be, I would prefer more of this:

Hidden Content:

my god.... its so full of win!
    That was not good for it

It's because there are no infested protoss!

Quote Originally Posted by Twilice View Post
    It's because there are no infested protoss!
    Except that one time.

I wonder if the Dominion found that frozen one, and if that's what Piercing the Shroud is all about.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Well as far as I know there are not infested protoss (normal assimilated protoss). All the zerg/protoss has been laboratory made via DNA splitting and not the zerg "infestation" virus. They have been merged with a protoss + a zerg = a hybrid, where a normal infestation is an infested protoss = assimilated protoss. Hm I think I am bad at explaining. But I haven't read any starcraft books, so I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure that there are no such thing as infested protoss. I think Metzen said so. I really wanted there to be, and there was the ideas that the developers were throwing around, but in the end, someone, somewhere said that it was impossible for the Protoss to be infested. Can they be mind controlled by Kerrigan or driven crazy through exposure to the creep? Most definitely, but that's not the same as being infested.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there are no such thing as infested protoss. I think Metzen said so. I really wanted there to be, and there was the ideas that the developers were throwing around, but in the end, someone, somewhere said that it was impossible for the Protoss to be infested. Can they be mind controlled by Kerrigan or driven crazy through exposure to the creep? Most definitely, but that's not the same as being infested.
    We're probably going off-topic, but Blizzard has given contradictory info on infested protoss in interviews. Metzen said there weren't... but he's also said that there were.

I doubt Blizzard would make infested protoss in-game, but there's always that possibility.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

If Protoss can't be infested due protection from Khala...can dark templars or taldarim be infested?

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzmaniac View Post
    If Protoss can't be infested due protection from Khala...can dark templars or taldarim be infested?
    One would have to assume so. It certainly provides an "out" for Blizzard should they want to introduce the idea of infested Protoss in the future.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.