Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heart of the Swarm campaign ideas

Default Re: Heart of the Swarm campaign ideas

Quote Originally Posted by electricmole View Post
    I hope they just made it into a 3rd person view ala gears of war and you can walk around in some places of the hyperion and you can approach people and chat with them.
    There's no point being able to walk around to talk to people if they don't have anything interesting to say.

In terms of mission ideas, I think we'll likely see one where the ground is 'poisoned' (or whatever gimmick reasoning) with Zerg units being unable to walk on it without taking damage and the player has to instead spread creep to reach the enemy.
    Last edited by mr. peasant; 05-29-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    There's no point being able to walk around to talk to people if they don't have anything interesting to say.

In terms of mission ideas, I think we'll likely see one where the ground is 'poisoned' (or whatever gimmick reasoning) with Zerg units being unable to walk on it without taking damage and the player has to instead spread creep to reach the enemy.
    That kind of reminds of those missions in Brood War where Stargates/Starpots/Spires were unbuildable and you had to focus on ground units.

... except the exact opposite, air units only. A variation of the scenario you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
    I don't like the whole Hyperion thing from WoL. It was too static. You just fought off a massive battle... and you're back, into this lifeless boring ship where nothing is really happening, everyone is idling about, not a lot of background stuff. You go to the bridge, two guys are standing there. You go the the bar, everyone's just idling about.

It's not interesting and nothing is that interesting really. Where's it the after party celebration? Where is the life on this ship?

I'd rather they simply do this, have the same idea from Broodwar, for each mission you have an intro / outro, after that, you get a simply interface with Kerrigan telling you shit (although I think this time you are kerrigan which is dumb and stupid) So you're always going from one place to another. Maybe have a galactic map where your goal is to fight each mission, but with each mission you gain some things while at the same time you get to watch an awesome cinematic each time. Something like Dawn of War 2 did (I loved that Single Player)

The single player needs to be fast paced, pretty much what Warcraft 3 did. I felt the Hyperion just killed any emotions from every mission. It's like OMG I JUST BEAT IT... okay now back to this boring old ship where everyone just stands about doing absolutely nothing it seems. Didn't Raynor just get into a firefight on another ship? Now he's standing around again.
    Yeah... I liked it, but I think it killed some of the action. Still liked it, though. I think the freedom to choose has more to do with it than the Hyperion itself.

Agree on not retuning to Hyperion, too. I want to return, see my Char trophy at the cantina and play Lost Viking without needing to load old savegames. I posted some ideas for this here: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/566439421 and could repost them at SCL if you want .

I'm a product of your collective imagination and, therefore, I do not assume responsibility of anything I don't want to assume responsibility of.