Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seemingly invulnerable combos.

Zigurd's Avatar Junior Member

Default Seemingly invulnerable combos.

Colossus + Phoenix en masse.

Any more crazy ideas ?

Default Re: Seemingly invulnerable combos.

I counter with Vikings, which can match phoenixes (approximately) and pwn colossi. How is that invulnerable?
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Zigurd View Post
    Colossus + Phoenix en masse.

Any more crazy ideas ?
    Thors will demolish this combination. Not only is the Thor pro against air (which would take out both Phoenix and Colossus), he's also big enough that Phoenix can't lift him into the air with Anti-Grav. His quality>quantity stats also mean that the Colossus splash AOE would not play as integral a role, and wouldn't get the +light damage anyway.

Now that I think about it that was never explicitly addressed... which attack does the Thor use? Whichever deals the most damage? In any case, the Thor's two attacks are anti-air and anti-armor, which would rip right through Colossi.

...fun thread, though. ^^

I counter with Vikings, which can match phoenixes (approximately) and pwn colossi. How is that invulnerable?
    Phoenix > Viking for cost-effectiveness. ESPECIALLY in a showdown, because Vikings are meant to take down big targets, but on Protoss the Warp Ray does that. Phoenix is more all-purpose AA.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

I think the thor would use his ground attack.

Air units prbly use there AtA attack though

Also the Special cannon skill would own the Colossus
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

Quote Originally Posted by pure.Wasted View Post
    he's also big enough that Phoenix can't lift him into the air with Anti-Grav.
    Maybe not any more, and if that's the case...

Phoenix > Viking for cost-effectiveness. ESPECIALLY in a showdown, because Vikings are meant to take down big targets, but on Protoss the Warp Ray does that. Phoenix is more all-purpose AA.
    But the terran player isn't wasting money on something like the colossus, which can't even target a flying Viking.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    Maybe not any more, and if that's the case...
    Hm? Is he no longer Massive? I'm pretty sure he still was.

But the terran player isn't wasting money on something like the colossus, which can't even target a flying Viking.
    But if the Terran goes Thors, Phoenix still can't attack ground... unless, again, you have something new to tell me.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

Quote Originally Posted by pure.Wasted View Post
    Hm? Is he no longer Massive? I'm pretty sure he still was.
    It still is, but recently I keep hearing about phoenixes picking up ultralisks.

But if the Terran goes Thors, Phoenix still can't attack ground... unless, again, you have something new to tell me.
    I didn't say your combo was worse, it's probably better. I'm just saying my combo works too. (Also, if thors can be lifted, and you can only afford a few, they can be removed from combat pretty quickly, then slowly killed by phoenixes.)

Zerg would have to mass corruptors with hydra(keep the hydras back at first) with some mind control thrown in
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

12,000 terran spawning infestors.

Wouldn't mass Corruptors be able to take the combo down? After taking down the Phoenixes (which attack for you a little while when attacked by Corruptors), then the Corruptors could mutate into Broodlords to get more damage. Although it wouldn't exactly be necessary, since Colossi get attacked by air and ground.

Actually... Which is more cost-effective, Corruptors or Phoenix (taking abilities into account)?