Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Return to Aiur

Bobo's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Return to Aiur

I would love to see ruined background of Aiur... all art and cool stuff (like they showed us Korhal, installations etc. on the art panel) in one of the campaigns!

why would we revisit Aiur if not only in a flashback?

There's no strategic importance to it or anything left after the Zerg came. The Protoss are already low in population.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

why would we revisit Aiur if not only in a flashback?
    To get the Overmind's tainted Khaydarin crystal. Duh.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Also there are still plenty of Xel'Naga caverns below the surface of Aiur, possibly like the one shown in a certain sc2 cutscene we already have involving Zeratul and Kerrigan, who knows what secrets some of these might hold. I would not be surprised to see the protoss retake Aiur by the end of sc2, if only for the moral bonus such a victory would provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogueleader89 View Post
    I would not be surprised to see the protoss retake Aiur by the end of sc2, if only for the moral bonus such a victory would provide.
    that's essentially what i thought. Seems only fitting.

definitely looking forward to seeing a ruined planet tileset. How they set up Aiur is going to be a major focus for them, I would think.
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    It was mentioned in the descriptiong for StarCraft: Ghost that Nova would venture to the Overmind's death bed.
    I'm pretty sure that was StarCraft II. (If anyone can find a working link for the WWI 2008 art panel.)

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Sorry to be off topic but have the Ghost series been any good? I haven't read anything by that author. For the record, I hate Knaak and I love Golden's work.
    Depends on what you like. There has only been one novel and two short stories in Frontline (Weapon of War and War-Torn) so far.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."