Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spanishiwa versus the Little One!

Default Spanishiwa versus the Little One!

I just wanted to call everyone's attention to a series of SEVEN showmatches between the best of the best, the most beloved of all players: Spanishiwa and The Little One!

TLO has always been one of my favourite terrans, perhaps the favourite (though there is always Boxer) of all terrans. He's creative, knows how to micro as well as macro and is known for original and dynamic play.

Then there is Spanishiwa, who is no doubt the best zerg out there at this moment. I know, people will yell 'Idra!' or something, but hey, Idra is boring and a dickhead. Ragequitting and talking smack after you lose is really not cool once you've past the fourteen year old mark, so regardless of him being an amazing macro player, he does have that boring playstyle and dickheadedness which make him clearly inferior to Spanishiwa.

Spanishiwa has, for me, put the FUN in zerg. Whenever I watched zerg, or almost always, people would just do mirror builds or something not very creative, like massing a ton of hydra/roach and going for it. The real daring ones would sometimes throw some infestors in the mix.. It usually just seemed to come down to macro – hence the prominent of Idra.

Now, Spanishwa also has amazing macro, but backs it up with insane timing on his attacks and a whirlwind of tech changes throughout the game. He almost always manages to catch his opponents off guard and he doesn't use mutas to do so! I'm a terran player, but he actually made me switch to zerg, so now I practice zerg quite often and let me tell you: that race is HARD. So even more props to Spanishwa for that.

So I hope everyone will go to Husky's channel on YouTube, which is to be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskySta.../1/L1CsZepiT18

I'm not going to give away who wins the 400 dollars and who loses the 100 (there is 100 for the loser), but I want everyone to thank the players (Spanishiwa got up at 7 am to play) for playing 7 matches, Husky for being the most fun of all casters to watch and being a super-fun-cool-nice guy who has organised this, and Justin.tv for sponsoring the match with a whopping 500 dollars.

And of course, this post is an experiment to see if you can call an actual dickhead a dickhead on this site, or if the tyranny of the nice, civilised and decent who generally rule this forum will edit the post.

Anyway, watch that matchup everyone, TLO vs Spanishiwa, what could be better? Oh I know, Boxer versus Spanishiwa! (I know Boxer is not on top of the scene anymore but he does still have that Boxer magic which makes him a bliss to watch.)

Also, if you look up interviews with TLO and Spanishiwa you will find out they are super fun awesome nice guys, who never say anything along the lines of "God, terran is so imba, you are such a sucky player, I wouldn't mind losing to you if you actually had skill" when they are losing, like a certain dickhead we all know and NOT love.

I am Sietsh-Tenk, and I approve of this post. Now watch this game.

The VODs of the matches:
    Hidden Content:
    Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Game 4:

Game 5:

Game 6:

Game 7:
    Last edited by Sietsh-Tenk; 05-01-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Moar awesome tech-saviness! Thank you Jackhammer!

Default Re: Spanishiwa versus the Little One!

Maybe embed the youtube video. Perhaps this should be moved to videos or tournament annex. Up to mods i guess.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

Is there such an annex? I didn't know. At any rate, I have no idea to embed, so maybe a tech-savvy moderator can edit my post to embed the videos. That would be AWESOME of the lovely moderator in question.

Although please don't move it to the replay annex (I've just found out there is one) as it has a fraction of the exposition of general discussion and I want as many people as possible to see this thread since the games are FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Sietsh-Tenk View Post
    Although please don't move it to the replay annex (I've just found out there is one) as it has a fraction of the exposition of general discussion and I want as many people as possible to see this thread since the games are FUN!
    Well you just put (youtube) and (/youtube) around the specific alphanumeric thing that comes after v=. But changing (s for [sIf you're lazy here's the link you posted. Quote it and hopefully you'll understand how to do it. Oh and somehow you linked to game 7 of 7. LOL. Probably can't stop it being moved since it's not in the right section.
    Last edited by JackhammerIV; 05-01-2011 at 09:21 PM.

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

In regards to spanishiwa in general...wouldn't call him the best zerg out there now. He's good and he's really creative but not the best. I forgot who said it but I somehow remember a pro saying Spanishiwa shows potential, talent and creativity but he needs a lot more training to bring his mechanics and macro to a much higher level.

And his playstyle always gets called revolutionary. But really he's just using units that other zergs are underappreciating. His justin.tv stream when day9 was on and he was attempting the funday monday was hilarious though.

Moved to the tournament annex.

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerIV View Post
    Well you just put (youtube) and (/youtube) around the specific alphanumeric thing that comes after v=. But changing (s for [sIf you're lazy here's the link you posted. Quote it and hopefully you'll understand how to do it. Oh and somehow you linked to game 7 of 7. LOL. Probably can't stop it being moved since it's not in the right section.
    Thank you very much good sir.

So here is my attempt to be tech-savvy! I shall post from game 2 onwards.

Just kidding! Instead they are now in the first post of this thread!

Wow, that was an exhilarating learning experience! I even used copy-paste systematically!

Enjoy everyone!

Love and kisses. And only make war in Starcraft!
    Last edited by Sietsh-Tenk; 05-01-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Damn you, SandwichBird! Now no one shall learn of this series!

But you are just doing your job, so thank you for that or this website would not run at ALL.

Ummmmm Sietsh it might help if you put all those video links in the first post so it's easy for people to find. Perhaps under a spoiler tag so that it doesn't make the op too long (similar to youtube command but with hide instead ). Basically just quote me and copy paste it into your first post of this thread. Would really help the people viewing the thread instead of having to scroll way down. Perhaps even put this as the first line. Then remove the video links from the other posts after the first one.

EDIT: You could even change it up by adding colour or whatever to the title.

EDIT: Video links removed cos they're already in the OP.
    Last edited by JackhammerIV; 05-01-2011 at 09:33 PM.