Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.3.3 PTR Notes - Updated 04/25

Default Re: Patch 1.3.3 PTR Notes - Updated 04/25

And I had just evolved a thor 250 mm cannon strategy vs protoss . . .

At least sentry time got reduced and pylon radius reduced by 1 so my anti 4 gate build works better.

The change to WG research time and sentry are just weird now. But having the WG research time only being increased by 20seconds is alright i guess. Perhaps there'll be a small timing to pressure protoss in that time. Problem now would be that protoss armies will generally be smaller. But the time difference is small enough that it shouldn't matter much.

I doubt the thor change was made for the thor rush PvT. Unless blizzard really thinks i can rush to HT in time. Giving them energy just hurts thors in lategame PvT where they do quite well. If the thor rush with strike cannon was the problem then they should have increased the cost and research time of strikecannons.

EDIT: And archons...the changes seem to be made so that archons can at least get a shot in before dying. LOL.
    Last edited by JackhammerIV; 05-04-2011 at 06:11 AM.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

noooooooo, not the Thor nerf, noooooo D:

Quote Originally Posted by protoswarrior View Post
    250mm was supposed to be a long term strategy upgrade, hence the energy requirement now.
    But that's just it. I fear this nerf will effectively shut down any long term strategy involving Thors in TvP. It just feels like a overly heavy-handed nerf to an ability that was already essentially useless outside of a couple niche scenarios like the Thor rush you mentioned. If it was that much of a problem, I'd rather they'd just remove 250mm entirely.

iving them energy just hurts thors in lategame PvT where they do quite well. If the thor rush with strike cannon was the problem then they should have increased the cost and research time of strikecannons.
    This. With the reversion back to the energy bar, HT's now effectively counter ALL Terran tier 3.

This. With the reversion back to the energy bar, HT's now effectively counter ALL Terran tier 3.
    I see what blizzard did there. First removing amulet, then make HT an option to get besides storm . . .

Getting the energy bar back just means that Terrans will be even MORE dependent on lategame ghosts. It does not mean that Thors become niche or obsolete. It just means that with good EMPs and Thors destroying everything armored, Terran has a freaking Battlecruiser on the ground, but it needs good support. Terrans would need to get off their ass and use their lategame options as they should, just like Protoss or Zerg instead of purely relying on bio+ghost+medivac.

A good change by Blizzard, I reiterate. Terran need ghosts to go with Thors. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilice View Post
    I see what blizzard did there. First removing amulet, then make HT an option to get besides storm . . .
    Well, that is a good thing in my opinion. No matter how much everyone cried how removing Amulet will make HTs obsolete, I still see them being used in both PvT and PvZ, since Zerg started using Infestors a lot.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

The return of mana for thor is a much needed nerf for this ridiculous machine of death. At 3/3/3, with siege tank support, it's almost impossible to kill.

At least protoss has a way of dealing with it. We zerg can only sit back and mind control.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

But, you have to ask yourself why they have 3/3/3 to begin with and so many tanks. Obviously, they were turtling. So, why didn't you just take complete control of the map and destroy them with Swarm Guardians or some other such strat? Tanks are slow (can't get past the Broodlings) and Thors are awful against Swarm Guardians.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

"Swarm Guardians"? .. yes.. quite.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.