Thread: So what's going to become of the Zerg?

Default So what's going to become of the Zerg?

If Kerrigan has been fully deinfested, how on earth is she going to communicate with and control the Swarm? It doesn't matter if she's been evolving for four or five years now -- all of it is gone now! And if she's no longer in control, then what's gonna happen to the Zerg? Will they just run mindlessly rampant? Will some outside entity emerge and begin to control the Zerg?

Or, if she's still in control, then are the Protoss going to be able to retake Aiur? Are all those infested worlds going to be suddenly creep-free? I mean, she damn well better be able to control all of the Zerg. FFS, she's been large and in charge for half a decade evolving herself at that ludicrous zerg rate or evolution.

Default Re: So what's going to become of the Zerg?

obviously tassadar is going to revive the overmind back on auir, only this time fighting for the protoss lol

Quote Originally Posted by IchibanBaka View Post
    obviously tassadar is going to revive the overmind back on auir, only this time fighting for the protoss lol
    lol that would be sooo messed up. It reminds me of some fan fiction I scribbled up some years ago that was driven by the idea of Tassadar and the Overmind merging somehow, and thus paving the way for the creation of the hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by IchibanBaka View Post
    Careful, don't give the Blizzard writing team any ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by n00bonicPlague View Post
    If Kerrigan has been fully deinfested, how on earth is she going to communicate with and control the Swarm? It doesn't matter if she's been evolving for four or five years now -- all of it is gone now! And if she's no longer in control, then what's gonna happen to the Zerg? Will they just run mindlessly rampant? Will some outside entity emerge and begin to control the Zerg?

Or, if she's still in control, then are the Protoss going to be able to retake Aiur? Are all those infested worlds going to be suddenly creep-free? I mean, she damn well better be able to control all of the Zerg. FFS, she's been large and in charge for half a decade evolving herself at that ludicrous zerg rate or evolution.
    She's going to re-evolve, presumably with additions to her and to the Swarm being under the player's control. (So you could pick lurkers rather than banelings, I guess, or psionic storm rather than energy bolts.)

Mind you, that info is older than Wings of Liberty, but Blizzard even released a little Legacy of the Void info before WoL, too.

I suspect, at least at first, many of the zerg will be uncontrolled. Maybe the hybrid will start picking them off. But there won't be massive die-offs. There'll still be creep.

I don't see much point of the protoss retaking Aiur. They have bigger priorities right now, especially since Zeratul had the freedom of movement to find and speak to Raynor. Now he can go to Shakuras and tell them what he knows. As opposed to storming a zerg-filled planet. (Uncontrolled, but still...)

In LotV, I wouldn't be surprised if, in order to get an alliance with the Auriga Tribe (key unit: fleet stuff!) you'll need to engage in an attack on Aiur.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

No matter what we think or say, there will be no peaceful Zerg. It's just an awkward idea; they have to be hostile one way or another. I can already picture the Hybrid using the time after WoL to conquer some Zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkalis View Post
    No matter what we think or say, there will be no peaceful Zerg. It's just an awkward idea; they have to be hostile one way or another. I can already picture the Hybrid using the time after WoL to conquer some Zerg.
    Not peaceful, but "ecologically beneficial" perhaps?
    They do have the aspects of evolution and fecundity about them, and considering the number of wasteland and uninhabited worlds out there in space even the presence of the Swarm indicates some hope for life in general (hence the "bringers of life" bit). Besides, being very much a race in flux that can add uncounted species into its fold you never know what they may evolve and branch out into next. What about a unique brood of self aware Zerg that can be negotiated with while still remaining fierce ravenous beasts at their core (no need to make the enitire Swarm like that, their genetics are diverse and volatile enough to accommodate many iterations of what "Zerg" are)?

I am not bothered about the idea of "free" Zerg as much as I'm bothered about Raynor and Kerrigan killing Mengsk the way they do and Kerrigan reverting to being a good character (but that's for another discussion).