Thread: BGN Open Invitational

Default BGN Open Invitational

BGN Open Invitational:

The inaugural BGN Open Invitational is the first more formalized tournament that I will be hosting for SC2. It will occur on the North America Server. All players of all skill levels are welcomed to partake in this inaugural tournament.

Invitational Tournament Format:
    The BGN Open Invitational will consist of four single elimination qualifying tournaments and one championship tournament. The championship tournament will be streamed either live or by replay over the BGN Official Stream(or BF stream).

Qualifying Tournament Information:

There will be four BGN Open Invitational Qualifying tournaments, the dates and times are listed below:

Qualifying Tournament 1: Friday, April 15th @ 8:00 PM EST - Channel: BlizzForums
    Qualifying Tournament 2: Saturday, April 16th @ 8:00 PM EST - Channel: BlizzForums
    Qualifying Tournament 3: Sunday, April 24th @ 3:00 PM EST - Channel: BlizzForums
    Qualifying Tournament 4: Friday, April 28th @ 8:00 PM EST - Channel: BlizzForums

The times listed above are the "sign-in" times for the tournament. I will close all signups for each tournament 15 minutes after the time listed above. Brackets will be available and will be linked to in this particular thread and also will be available by just asking me on B.Net.

Details:

Format: ALL series will be best of 3. The first game of each series will be determined by the following list. The map choice of game #2 will be determined by the loser of Game #1. If Game 3 is necessary, the winner of Game #1 will make the map selection.

Round 1: Tal'darim Altar LE
    Round 2: Metalopolis
    Round 3: Xel'Naga Caverns
    Round 4: Shattered Temple
    Round 5: Shakuras Plateau

The map pool will simply consist of the maps currently listed for ladder on B.Net

All the tournaments will be single elimination, so one series loss and you're gone.

Championship Tournament:

The Championship Tournament consists of the winners of the four qualifying tournaments. The semifinals and third place matchup will be a best of 5 series, with the championship match being a best of 7 series.

Other Rules of Note:

Disconnect Policy - Discretion to the tournament organizer. If a disconnect occurs and the ultimate result is clear, then the game will be awarded to the winner.

If you win one of the qualifying tournaments, you are not eligible to participate in one of the other qualifying tournaments. Pretty logical.

The success of the tournament is dependent upon the players just playing the game with good manner and fair play.

Lastly, if this format is successful I would like to get these going for all skill levels (perhaps Bronze - Silver, Gold and Plat, Diamond, Master). We'll see though how this works at this level first.

Please tell all your friends and I look forward to seeing you on Friday Night on B.Net in the channel BlizzForums! As always, if you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread.
    Last edited by SpaceDominator; 04-13-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Default Re: BGN Open Invitational

As assistant to Spacedominator, I have posted, here, the updates for days 1 and 2 of the BGN Open Qualifiers Tournament which includes VODs and replays for the matches that were recorded, as far as possible:

I will bring you more updates as the tournament progresses.

Enjoy the show, and come to participate in Days 3 and 4! You can still make it into the Championship Semi-finals FINAL FOUR!

And for anyone curious about the general League level, it is Gold to Masters with a high % of Diamond->Masters players, although ALL leagues are accepted to participate. There are also post tournament showmatches and activities, so do not hesitate to stay around for those as well.

Please refer to Spacedominator's 1st post here for all the details, but we hope to see you there, otherwise check in here for more updates!

protoswarrior

Quote Originally Posted by stevenfrank38 View Post
    Thank you very much for the invitation. Of course I will be there. I like this type of tournaments very much..
    You're very welcome! <3

FYI Day 3 is on Friday, April 29th 2011, and Day 4 is on Saturday April 30th, 2011.

Come in MASS!

** BUMP **

Channel Blizzforums @ 8PM EST Friday, April 29, 2011!

Just a quick reminder that the BGN Open Invitational Day 3 is this Friday at 8 PM EST !!

I will update this thread again on Friday.

<3

Call your friends and come in mass! You still have a chance to get into the top 4 !

Sluggy and Superkiller are in the top 4 right now, so far.

Skyze!! Get your ass there and fight SK or Sluggy in the semis or the finals !

DAY3:

http://blizzforums.com/showthread.ph...TATIONAL-Day-3

DAY 4:

http://blizzforums.com/showthread.ph...TATIONAL-Day-4

BGN Open Invitational Championship Semi-Finals are Friday May 6th, 2011 @ 8PM EST!

REMINDER: Semi-Finals Championship tonight!

http://blizzforums.com/content.php?6...p-Semi-Finals-!

CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI-FINALS

On Friday, May 6th, 2011 @ 8 P.M. EST

Channel: Blizzforums

Streams:

Spacedominator (TheCrumb): http://www.ustream.tv/channel/op-bgn
    protoswarrior (Xecutor): www.livestream.com/xecutoradun

1ST MATCH

TheRabidDeer

V.S.

Superkiller

2ND MATCH

Sluggy