View Poll Results: Will cataclysm beta be before or after SC2 beta??

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Before

12 36.36%
  • After

21 63.64%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cataclysm beta before SC2 Beta..

Default Re: Cataclysm beta before SC2 Beta..

Quote Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
    I just really hope they don't rush it, I really want them to take their time and make SC2 the best game I've played yet
    Fully agreed. However, both WoW and D3 will likely have their own delays and so forth - Unfortunately, these delays will ultimately affect the release of SC2.

Anyway, before getting into all that, I'm saying rather than wait until, "We're perfect going into Beta" - Start Beta now, and let the participants hammer out the bugs and "immbalances".

If we have to play around with release dates this way, then I'd rather see SC2 after an 8 month beta, rather than 4 months of nothing, followed by a 4 month beta...then finally having to wait anyway due to the release strategies and delays of the other titles.

...mah 2 cents

Last edited by Caliban113; 08-27-2009 at 03:59 AM.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban113 View Post
    Fully agreed. However, both WoW and D3 will have likely have their own delays and so forth - Unfortunately, these delays will ultimately affect the release of SC2.

Anyway, before getting into all that, I'm saying rather than wait until, "We're perfect going into Beta" - Start Beta now, and let the participants hammer out the bugs and immbalances.

If we have to play around with release dates this way, then I'd rather see SC2 after an 8 month beta, rather than 4 months of nothing, followed by a 4 month beta...then finally having to wait anyway due to the release strategies and delays of the other titles.

...mah 2 cents

Oh no I fully agree with that, I was just thinking about single player, because just recently at Blizzcon, they said there was something that they caught in single player that they needed to improve a lot so the delay "was a blessing". I just hope theres nothing like that when release is upon us, because it sounds like something like that could have happened, that or they might just have held it back in spite of the single player stuff, but you never know..

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeVorador View Post
    man im starting to think that Duke Nukem Forever will come BEFORE the beta >.<
    Part of me is convinced that StarCraft 3 will somehow precede the beta for SC2.

Please help me on this:

Do the WoW teams overlap their work with the SC2 one? I always thought they were separate. TFT was done in 2004/2005, & SC2 has been in dev since then. WoW was a parallel project, I think.

Am I right?

PS: I voted after. SC2 is done, except for the BNET 2.0 compatibility issues and final polish of Zerg (acc to Samwise Didier, Dustin & Rob Pardo). We shud have something by beginning 2010 (Jan-Mar)
    Last edited by protoswarrior; 08-26-2009 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protoswarrior View Post
    Please help me on this:

Do the WoW teams overlap their work with the SC2 one? I always thought they were separate. TFT was done in 2004/2005, & SC2 has been in dev since then. WoW was a parallel project, I think.

Am I right?

PS: I voted after. SC2 is done, except for the BNET 2.0 compatibility issues and final polish of Zerg (acc to Samwise Didier, Dustin & Rob Pardo). We shud have something by beginning 2010 (Jan-Mar)
    Some parts overlap sometimes. Artists are sometimes asked to work on a different project, the music guys are shared by all three franchises, that sort of thing.

But you're completely right in that SC2 is waiting on no other games.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

No way Cataclysm beta before SC2 beta...

If it is, I plead insanity on the part of Blizzard.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by pure.Wasted View Post
    Some parts overlap sometimes. Artists are sometimes asked to work on a different project, the music guys are shared by all three franchises, that sort of thing.

But you're completely right in that SC2 is waiting on no other games.
    Yep, and just to elaborate a little further. Sometimes when a game is early in development like SC2 was back around 2004, they will have a big chunk of that team move to the game that is closest to release for a few months to speed up development to get that one out of the door.

As of right now SC2 is the closest game to release so you can expect parts of the other teams to move over to SC2 to help speed up development once they hit beta. Blizzard calls them "Strike Teams"

I really hate WoW.

It might have made Blizzard rich, but I hate the community that was brought forth.

Just curious, why the hate on the community?

Just wondering if you don't like it because you were once part of it and disliked it firsthand, or hating it just because.

As much as I dislike some aspects of the WoW community myself, I still respect the people who play it, whether it be casual or hardcore. As for the assholes; well... assholes will be assholes no matter what game they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Just curious, why the hate on the community?

Just wondering if you don't like it because you were once part of it and disliked it firsthand, or hating it just because.

As much as I dislike some aspects of the WoW community myself, I still respect the people who play it, whether it be casual or hardcore. As for the assholes; well... assholes will be assholes no matter what game they play.
    I've never played WoW.

One of the main reasons I have distaste for it, is because it put a huge dent in the WC3 population upon its release. WC3:TFT was going strong, but once WoW release date approached, soooo many fanboys of MMORPG just hopped over and left WC3. The release of WoW in a way killed WC3's popularity, that is hands down truth.

Secondly, most WoW players from videos I've seen are complete tools. (My opinion, don't like it? Don't care. Sorry)