View Poll Results: Will cataclysm beta be before or after SC2 beta??

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Before

12 36.36%
  • After

21 63.64%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cataclysm beta before SC2 Beta..

Default Re: Cataclysm beta before SC2 Beta..

Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    Part of me is convinced that StarCraft 3 will somehow precede the beta for SC2.

haha yeah, i remember that sometime ago (something like a year or that...)
    i read that in japan Square Enix had announce that they have start to work in FF 14 BEFORE even release FF 13 =P, but im not a big fan from the FF saga so i dont know if that was true xD

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis186 View Post
    I also kinda hate WoW. Only cuz it completely screwed up the community. Plus, WoW is basically the only WarCraft out there now. If you mention WarCraft, it's instantly World of WarCraft. They don't even consider you're talking about any of the previous games that made it awesome.
    That's semantics. Of course any mention of Warcraft would pertain to WoW, it's the most recent and relevant game to the series. Just like anything Diablo pretty much refers to Diablo 3, and anything Starcraft refers to SC2. What do you expect?

Dauntless you would be wrong in the fact that saying starcraft and warcraft have seperate development teams.. The diablo 1.13 patch was delayed due to work on warcraft it was also posted some time back that starcraft is being delayed due to WoW here are some links.. not trying to be an ass just stating what i have read...

http://www.wow.com/2009/06/30/waitin...-ii-blame-wow/

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...60417&sid=3000

here are two examples where prominent blizzard names and even a blue himself have stated where something was being worked on and then shifted development to something else.

Again not trying to be a nitpicker as i play both games but i think that they could hold off on developing wow in order to get these other franchises out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by adx View Post
    Dauntless you would be wrong in the fact that saying starcraft and warcraft have seperate development teams...
    No, he wouldn't be wrong.

Each team works on their own project. During a crunch on any given project, they may pull resources from other teams to help finish a game. This doesn't mean the teams do not exist. It's simply borrowing people from a different team.

This is common in the gaming industry.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    DotA and WC3 are not the same game. DotA was made using WC3's engine, but they are two completely different games.
    You have to own WC3 to play DOTA, so under that context, you're playing WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottoway View Post
    You have to own WC3 to play DOTA, so under that context, you're playing WC3.
    Some people buy WC3 solely to play DotA. If anything, the most accurate statement is that when you buy WC3, you get DotA for free. Theoretically, DotA could be sold as a stand alone product. By that definition, they are two different games. The only things they have in common are they are built using the same engine, and are both hero centric.

And its the same for any UMS map. Once you start playing a UMS, you are no longer playing Starcraft or WC3.

I miss-read dauntless and your statement. I am arguing the fact that they have pulled resources from the SC2 team to help on WoW and that is why our game is being delayed so much.
    Last edited by adx; 08-27-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: clarifying.

Sadly, Blizzard is strongly biased towards fantasy. A pity, because their better RTS game is sci-fi. They should had done a sequel to it a lot of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by spychi View Post
    You know I love you Daunt?
    I do now^_^

Quote Originally Posted by adx View Post
    I miss-read dauntless and your statement. I am arguing the fact that they have pulled resources from the SC2 team to help on WoW and that is why our game is being delayed so much.
    True, but without the financial power, aquired through WoW, Blizzard would have had a deadline with SC2. Now they got more time to make a good game, instead of releasing it prematurely.

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
    I do now^_^

True, but without the financial power, aquired through WoW, Blizzard would have had a deadline with SC2. Now they got more time to make a good game, instead of releasing it prematurely.
    Agreed
    As one of my friends said, Blizzard is not a charity company and it needs to earn money like every other company, they have 700 staff in Blizzard France and they need to pay them every month

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up