Thread: Colossus Short Story

Default Colossus Short Story

http://sclegacy.com/news/23-sc2/992-...us-short-story

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/lor...ies/colossus/1

Well, I personally enjoyed this story. And it's odd how the Protoss are always so limited by their quantity. It seems Protoss are always dying, yet they cannot make new dragoons and they salvage individual colossi. Makes you wonder how they're still alive.

Also, it seems Aldrion, though a high templar, was capable of using psionic blades. I take it he's one who hadn't fully matured his psionic abilities and thus an intermediate between zealot and high templar, or HTs are increasingly needing to fight melee.

Default Re: Colossus Short Story

Quote Originally Posted by Kacaier View Post
    And it's odd how the Protoss are always so limited by their quantity. It seems Protoss are always dying, yet they cannot make new dragoons and they salvage individual colossi. Makes you wonder how they're still alive.
    I also enjoyed it. I presume that this was the first one retrieved and they will simply make copies of it from now on.

Zeratul's Avatar Junior Member

I enjoyed the story. So far so good. I hope they add more.

I'm Starcraft Addict and enjoy playing it a lot. I'm also a webmaster in this site:http://virilityexreviews.net/ and I love to blog about for rent in gensan and http://femdophilus.org/

Meh, it'd be nice if these short stories about specific units actually focused on that unit. The Colossus story was mostly about journeying to dig it up, and the last few paragraphs about it actually doing something. Same with the Thor story being mostly about the spy sneaking in, and the Mothership where it only actually did something towards the end on Aiur.
    Superior capability in language does not necessarily equate to superior intelligence...but it certainly doesn't help your argument if you sound stupid.

MajinX's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lupino View Post
    Meh, it'd be nice if these short stories about specific units actually focused on that unit. The Colossus story was mostly about journeying to dig it up, and the last few paragraphs about it actually doing something. Same with the Thor story being mostly about the spy sneaking in, and the Mothership where it only actually did something towards the end on Aiur.
    so you want stories on actual combat of the specific units? that sounds kinda boring or bland. I think these origin or side stories give good depth and good lore into the starcraft background.

I guess it depends.

A story focusing on high templar combat would be awesome. However, a colossus is basically a terminator, in a setting where killer robots aren't quite as weird. (For a more similar story, Changeling was closer, despite the very different nature of the enemy.)
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Well the baneling one was pretty nice. Sort of how the unit got made. Doubt they could do that for very new unit though.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

I think they have done it pretty good, not all of the stories are made a like. It's more of an exploration or introduction to a certain unit rather then showcasing it.