Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Supersonic SC2 Q&A

Default Re: Supersonic SC2 Q&A

Medics were too good in SC1. It's no surprise the Medivac is easier to counter. It's designed to have easier counters unlike medics who are small, heal each other and generally harder to counter aside from using AoE. The Medivac is like that so it's a meaningful choice to target the healers this time around. In SC1 there really wasn't any reason to target the medics. Most of the time only medics will survive in an M&M combo. I also didn't like how marines and medics were tied together by the ankle and how medics are basically the same tier as marines, making them a must have in all infantry situations. I say just give the medivac an upgrade to do small AoE healing, and it will be more formidable.
    Decepticons, transform and rise up!

Worse, Medics were effectivly a upgrade on 2 legs. Adding Medics to Marines made them better, definetly but they didnīt change the matchup - what counters Marines counters M&M the same just maybe not as effective.
    It also made stimpacks a nobrainer. Instead of a tradeoff between firepower and survivability it imposes a Medicqouta.
    The biggest advantage of Medivacs gameplay wise is that the enemy can effectivly deny the Terran infantry their Healing, if only by scaring the Medivacs off.

Could they solve the issue (partly at least) by making all the Terran units Mechanical/Biological (SCV is), renaming the Medic as Engineer, and allowing it to repair mechanical units?

Quote Originally Posted by unentschieden View Post
    Worse, Medics were effectivly a upgrade on 2 legs. Adding Medics to Marines made them better, definetly but they didnīt change the matchup - what counters Marines counters M&M the same just maybe not as effective.
    It also made stimpacks a nobrainer. Instead of a tradeoff between firepower and survivability it imposes a Medicqouta.
    The biggest advantage of Medivacs gameplay wise is that the enemy can effectivly deny the Terran infantry their Healing, if only by scaring the Medivacs off.
    But constant stim is fun. Why? Because moving fast is fun.

It's not like you can constantly stim unless you have a LOT of medics anyway, when you constantly stim your 12 marines / 2 medic force you'll end up with 0 energy medics after 2-3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenArbiter View Post
    But constant stim is fun. Why? Because moving fast is fun.

It's not like you can constantly stim unless you have a LOT of medics anyway, when you constantly stim your 12 marines / 2 medic force you'll end up with 0 energy medics after 2-3 times.
    Yeah... Except that is the early early game, in mid-late game you will always have 10+ medics, and everything is basically true what unent said...
    "Living for the Swarm!"

One thing i'm a little curious about is the issue with tons of Minerals and little Gas.

What is causing the lack of Gas? Are minerals just mined too quickly or are units more Gas heavy so they eat it up quickly?

Also, I might have missed it, but I was wondering if there was anything special about Archons or if they're same ol?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dsceptor View Post
    One thing i'm a little curious about is the issue with tons of Minerals and little Gas.

What is causing the lack of Gas? Are minerals just mined too quickly or are units more Gas heavy so they eat it up quickly?

Also, I might have missed it, but I was wondering if there was anything special about Archons or if they're same ol?

Thanks
    Because pathing is better in SC2, right now workers gather 5 minerals per trip, but only 4 gas. Add that to the fact the races macro mechanics are mineral focused, and you end up with a very large disparity between minerals and gas accumulated. Its because Blizzard wants gas to be more important, which is why they tried all those mechanics last year. But I'm convinced there must be a better way to make gas more meaningful other than limiting it so severely.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    But I'm convinced there must be a better way to make gas more meaningful other than limiting it so severely.
    A good place to start would be figuring out what is meant by "meaningful".

Did the Raven or Planetary Fortress see any use to you?

Also, how do you feel with Immortals in the Rbay?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherofAiur View Post
    A good place to start would be figuring out what is meant by "meaningful".
    Right, I forgot you were here, Mr. semantics nazi. Maybe I should have said "strategic."