Thread: 3 ideas

Default 3 ideas

There are 3 features that I would like to propose for the site.

1. Map database

One of the main reason why I liked sc.org when it was up is because of their huge map database. Maybe we could make such a section here at sclegacy. I know its something that would take a lots of place but I'm sure a lot of us here would enjoy this. When scII comes out it could be even more enjoyable. We could make contests like map of the month and etc.

2. Strategy guide

We had a small one back at the old sclegacy site and it could be nice again. A guide containing all the build orders, what counter what, cheese tactics and etc. Most of those resources are on the strategy forum of bf so we could edit them to make them look a bit more classy and transfer them here in a big strategy guide.

3. Fan art section

I'm sure a lot of us are artist here. Again this was a feature at the old sclegacy site. It could be interesting to have this back.

What do you guys think?

Default Re: 3 ideas

I think if you like Map Databases then you should be browsing our fellow ORG site, Starcraft.org

SCLegacy will definitely maintain its current database of maps important to the SC Story, the maps not defaultly available in SC/BW, and perhaps expand to some of the better maps made by the community. But if you want vast databases of maps your best bets are going to be at SC.org for the Official Maps DB or CampaignCreations or similar for larger campaigns, etc.

And yes, I'm aware SC.org is currently in a disabled state - it's changing soon, promise.
    here's to the crazy ones..

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    I think if you like Map Databases then you should be browsing our fellow ORG site, Starcraft.org

And yes, I'm aware SC.org is currently in a disabled state - it's changing soon, promise.
    Yeah, I haven't been able to reach your map archives in about a year. Is this a normal "soon" or "soon" like SCL Alpha's release soon?
    Last edited by Zero; 05-12-2009 at 04:01 PM.
    [CENTER]

It won't be years away, no. :P
    here's to the crazy ones..

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    It won't be years away, no. :P
    LOL, had to ask. Although I really do miss it. Probably one of the largest (if not the largest) map archive on the net.

With all of the maintenance done on the site, I was curious, were you able to hang on to all the maps, or were they lost? I hope they weren't lost.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I hope they weren't lost.
    They better not be