Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AI levels?

Default AI levels?

Sorry - couldn't really find an appropriate thread for this - Is there an official listing somewhere of the differences between SC2's AI levels, and what each does exactly? Particularly hard AI and above.

Looking all over Blizz's site and cant find anything.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: AI levels?

I think insane is the only one that actually cheats.

Right - 7 minerals per trip vs 5 or something? - Was trying to figure out stuff like, number of different builds, limitations on expanding, tiers - stuff like that.

The WC3 strat section has a listing like this, and was wondering if there was one for SC2 yet.

I notice that even the very hard computer rarely nukes, storms, uses HSM. Plus, it only ever seems to do drops on island maps.

Been playing those YABOT (Yet Another Build Order Tester) maps to practice builds, and it uses a diffeent AI system named, 'Green Tea' - (not sure what that is) and while its no 'Deep Blue' it does tend to play a little more crafty than the 'boxed' AI does.

Mostly just curious - Also, while the Brood war AI pulled some stupid stuff, it actually seemed to be a little smarter in some ways - it did drops where you were weak, used spells - while there would be more than a few 'Dark Swarms' that went to waste, Psi storm was often used by the AI with stunning accuracy.

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Green tea is by far the only known AI that is designed with human build orders in mind.

Insane: 7 minerals per trip, 6 gas per trip, but the mineral patches and the vespene geysers still only lose 5 minerals and 4 gas each tick. With MULEs, Insane AI Terran goes nuts >_>

I, too, wished there were more specific info on the AI patterns, and I also hope that Blizzard will keep on refining their single-player melee AI, and perhaps even allow players to set particularly build orders or general strategies for the AI to use so they can practice on their own if they don't have practice partners to drill 8 hours a day with them on 4-gating or whatnot.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    Green tea is by far the only known AI that is designed with human build orders in mind.
    I like how the regular Zerg AI just 1-bases all game. Green Tea is the only remotely good AI though. Better than blizzard's for sure.

On a related note, anyone else noticed that the AI has been improved? He actually do baneling busts on Terrans and some other funky stuff.

He actually do baneling busts on Terrans and some other funky stuff.
    Yes, meant to mention that - the hard AI used banelings on me for he first time I can recall the other night.

..and while the Green Tea is definitely more, "human" - it'll do weird stuff from time to time, like build endless Zealots and nothing else - and continue doing so long after I've built Banshees.

even allow players to set particularly build orders or general strategies for the AI to use so they can practice on their own if they don't have practice partners to drill 8 hours a day with them on 4-gating or whatnot.
    The YABOT maps I mentioned, (been using them in practice a lot) are really great for what you're describing here. - besides the improved AI, it allows you to work through on screen build orders that check off when you've completed - also has a detailed score screen that shows you how you performed the build.

Download is here - http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/yabot/

Last edited by Caliban113; 03-10-2011 at 10:50 PM.

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

People actually play against the AI? What rank are you?

dustinbrowder's Avatar Banned

Hardest two levels use a mix of 8 builds for each race and do respond to what you build, insane is also cheating.
    But whatever the case is they are still pretty weak.